The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's only interesting in the sense that it shows that the blame game is already under way. EU intransigence is not letting the UK have access to the single market after they've left it? Seriously? How many businesses or organisations allow you to continue using their facilities or services after you've closed your account or stopped paying fees? Blaming ill-effects of the UK's own, determined, hell-bent decision on the EU makes about as much sense as closing your GameSquad account and then whining that you can't post because of GameSquad's intransigence.
I know, it’s so bad you better get out now while you still can.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where is all this leave anger going to be channeled when they realise they’ve been conned?
They won't. They will blame someone or something else and then try more extreme measures. It's something I've said about our president since the day he was elected--when Trump fails on his promises, what will the next one have to promise to get elected? How much farther to the right will they go for their next Defender of the Faith.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
It's only interesting in the sense that it shows that the blame game is already under way. EU intransigence is not letting the UK have access to the single market after they've left it? Seriously? How many businesses or organisations allow you to continue using their facilities or services after you've closed your account or stopped paying fees? Blaming ill-effects of the UK's own, determined, hell-bent decision on the EU makes about as much sense as closing your GameSquad account and then whining that you can't post because of GameSquad's intransigence.
Brexiteers Guide to Bullying:

"I don't like this Leisure Centre anymore. You've started letting people in I don't like. And you're too strict. I want to leave."

"OK. Finish paying until your membership expires. Whilst you do that you can continue to use the facilities. Then you're free to leave."

"Hang on. I don't want to stop using the swimming pool"

"OK. Then we'll reduce the membership fee and you can carry on using the pool"

"But I don't like the swimming pool rules. I want to bomb occasionally."

"You can't bomb. It's not safe"

"You bullying bastards"

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In 2017, Disgraced Former Defence Secretary Fox rubbished suggestions the UK might struggle to roll over the EU’s trade deals.
Two years later...
Canada Is Refusing To Roll Over Its EU Trade Agreement For The UK If There's A No-Deal Brexit
UK officials are "furious" at Canada's decision, but it reflects the confusion around trade policy after the failure of Theresa May's Brexit strategy.
Doesn't matter how "furious" they are.
They've got fuck-all clout to do anything about it.
Welcome to the real world of Brexit.

So glad we decided to take back control. It’s so easy when you hold are the cards and they need us etc.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
I don’t feel like a spaz, I just think Brexit is a good idea.
You have no skin in the game. You can pretty much think what you want. Nothing that happens will effect you. If it happens and it all works out you can come on and tell us all how right you were. If the opposite happens you can shrug it off and say "it was a good idea".

On the other hand my job, my Pension, and my general well-being is on the front line. It's not a good idea for me and mine, not-least because my company are already in the process of moving their HQ to Frankfurt on Main, which likely means job losses in London, which could possibly filter out into the regions where I am. This is happening right now, on the basis of the possibility of Brexit. What do you seriously think they are going to do if it finally happens? This is Brexit affecting real people.

Do you understand the difference? Whatever happens, you are on the sidelines looking in. If it all goes tits up, my life goes to a large extent down the shitter. If it all works out, I'll be marginally (hardly noticeably) better off...possibly.

Right?

A lot of the people who voted for Brexit of course couldn't give a shit about people like me with my first world problems (decent job, decent pension, aspirations, etc.). They have fuck all, and just want to burn it all down. Basically they want people such as me to be damaged and, ideally, to be dragged down to their level. Course, it's not people like me who has damaged them, but they don't care. They see me pottering around in my motorhome, with my decent but modest house, and think "fuck you", if I can't have that I'm going to do what I can do to make it so you can't either.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You have no skin in the game. You can pretty much think what you want. Nothing that happens will effect you. If it happens and it all works out you can come on and tell us all how right you were. If the opposite happens you can shrug it off and say "it was a good idea".

On the other hand my job, my Pension, and my general well-being is on the front line. It's not a good idea for me and mine, not-least because my company are already in the process of moving their HQ to Frankfurt on Main, which likely means job losses in London, which could possibly filter out into the regions where I am. This is happening right now, on the basis of the possibility of Brexit. What do you seriously think they are going to do if it finally happens? This is Brexit affecting real people.

Do you understand the difference? Whatever happens, you are on the sidelines looking in. If it all goes tits up, my life goes to a large extent down the shitter. If it all works out, I'll be marginally (hardly noticeably) better off...possibly.

Right?

A lot of the people who voted for Brexit of course couldn't give a shit about people like me with my first world problems (decent job, decent pension, aspirations, etc.). They have fuck all, and just want to burn it all down. Basically they want people such as me to be damaged and, ideally, to be dragged down to their level. Course, it's not people like me who has damaged them, but they don't care. They see me pottering around in my motorhome, with my decent but modest house, and think "fuck you", if I can't have that I'm going to do what I can do to make it so you can't either.
You live in Manchester, can you life go any further down the shitter?

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom