The British European Referendum

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You were offered the chance to leave but it wasn't good enough for the extreme. Yet it sufficed to implement the referendum result. Why are you not railing agsinstbthem?

zgrose

Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
And the two main parties dominated the vote because each promised to respect the result of the referendum:

Right, but which one showed you their plan to exit? Very analogous to the effort to repeal the ACA over here. Politicians talk the talk and the masses buy it. You (and we) need to back the people with the plans written down. Super helpful to avoid these awkward years.

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Three years ago we voted to leave the EU - our rulers haven't yet let us. James Delingpole summarises well the feelings of betrayed voters:

There is so much nonsense in that article that it would only convince the already-committed, which is more than likely the intention with which it was written.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You were offered the chance to leave but it wasn't good enough for the extreme. Yet it sufficed to implement the referendum result. Why are you not railing agsinstbthem?
You mean Brexit-in-name-only? No thanks.

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder how many more people would have bothered to vote if the referendum was binding?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Really leaving, rather than technically leaving:

Leaving with no deal.

OK, so at least we now know where you stand.

Parliament have effectively blocked that up until now, and will continue to do so. Both potential Tory leaders seem to accept that.

So. You're the best ASL player in this country. You explain the strategy on how that now happens. I truly am all ears, given that we are a Parliamentary Democracy.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Seamus Leheny (@Freight_NI) Tweeted:
🚨Brexit Thread 🚨
1/11 - Lots of talk and focus on what will happen to the Border in the event of a ‘No Deal’ #brexit
Let me outline the impact on just one of these roads for Freight:
The A1 crossing at Newry~Dundalk, currently a frictionless efficient strategic road 👇 https://t.co/JivtT7CRQ3

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
EU power people openly declare that Great Britain must be punished and be ruled by a Germany dominated EU even as an 'independant nation'. Before Germany even existed it was France that played the role of being the master with the whip.
The French invasion of Russia, known in Russia as the Patriotic War of 1812 and in France as the Russian Campaign, began on 24 June 1812 when Napoleon's Grande Armée crossed the Neman River in an attempt to engage and defeat the Russian army. Napoleon hoped to compel Tsar Alexander I of Russia to cease trading with British merchants through proxies in an effort to pressure the United Kingdom to sue for peace. The official political aim of the campaign was to liberate Poland from the threat of Russia. Napoleon named the campaign the Second Polish War to gain favor with the Poles and provide a political pretext for his actions.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
What EU tries to achieve is dominans, the paid chills that oppose the Brexit are as corrupt and anti democratic as the EU project itself.

Today in 1812-#NapoleonBonaparte ordered his 500,000-strong #GrandeArmee-the largest European military force ever assembled-into #Russia to punish Czar Alexander I for refusing to conform to the Continental System,
the French emperor's plan for subduing the British economically............

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
What EU tries to achieve, the chills that oppose the Brexit benefit that the corrupt anti democratic EU project continue.

Today in 1812-#NapoleonBonaparte ordered his 500,000-strong #GrandeArmee-the largest European military force ever assembled-into #Russia to punish Czar Alexander I for refusing to conform to the Continental System,
the French emperor's plan for subduing the British economically............
What are you talking about you gibbering fool ?

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Too bad and sad, you show such low computing skills, better luck next time.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
As in another thread, not having heard the Lesser Finnish Tit 🐦 for a while, I was worried, but now his mating call can be heard, it must have been just a mild dose of Avian Flu that quitened him.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Too bad and sad, you show such low computing skills, better luck next time.
Too bad and sad you don't have a clue how to use the comma.

Do you have any of those rip off, copied modules, for sale? I want a cheap copy of that old overlay you knocked off.

Could you post one, or will you be attending a future UK tournament where you can hand one over to me and tell me all about how I'm a gulag wanker to my face ??

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Martin, there are those on the right (or the left for that matter) here who can produce a half decent argument. The Lesser Finnish Tit 🐦 clearly is not one. Because of my new duties here, I had to purge my ignore list so I could see if things get really out of hand here (a really high bar to be sure). You are under no such obligation, "Ignore" is your friend. Responding to the Lesser Finnish Tit's 🐦 mating call only means he flies over and tries to hump your face.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is no such thing as “no deal” there never was and there never will be. There will always be a a deal. The timing and arrangements may vary but there will always be a deal. If we ever leave...