The best wargames ever!

Discussion in 'Board Games' started by Honza, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Abe

Abe New Member

Yeah, Dean Essig's stuff all seems pretty awesome. I'm starting with OCS as I understand it has the most refined rule set out of GTS, BCS and OCS. Tunisia 2 and Sicily are on their way, and we have plans to try and get DAK 2 to a (very big) table mid next year.

2. Paul_RS

Paul_RS Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    The Greatest Day, covers the first week following the D-Day landings in the British and Canadian beaches, just playing through some of the scenarios now. Superb stuff. I've played OCS, TCS and SCS. OCS is my favourite out of the 3, followed by SCS and TCS is a distant third.

Abe likes this.
  3. Proff3RTR

Proff3RTR Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Cornwall
    Certainly on my 'to buy' list, not sure when i can push that boat out though.

4. Proff3RTR

Proff3RTR Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Cornwall
    OCS is fun,

I have played and own Hube's Pocket, Baltic Gap, Tunisia II & Sicilly II, I must also get hold of 'The Greatest Day' (GTS) it is a MUST buy I feel from what I have heard.

Abe likes this.
  5. Red2112

Red2112 New Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Iam just starting my first SCS game...

I also have GD-42 (TCS), and The Mighty Endeavor (SCS) on the shelf. Tunisia II (OCS) is on my list and overall I like the systems that MMP put out. I would also like to get/try one of the two BCS system games. Someone mentioned "Downtown", I have Elusive Victory which I love, and one of the GMT´s "Next War" will end up on my shelf too.

I recently picked up on BGG Avalon Hill´s "Firepower" and West End Games "West Front Tank Leader", both have neat systems, I have a urge to try out for Firepower! Another fav is Avalons 1st. edition MBT and Tac-Air.

I think I like all my games, and future ones too :)