The Best Starter Kit Scenarios

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, there are quite a few out there now...

What are the BEST starter kit scenarios. In terms of balance, fun, what ever...

And yes, we'll have a tournament at the end of May, but that has nothing to do with the question.

Really. :D

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have enjoyed War of the Rats more than any other. (s3?).

I'm not so sure about the balence since I've never played it against an experienced opponent but Ive played as both sides and each time really enjoyed it.

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Played "The Trouble With Tigers" from Schwerpunkt's Rally Point Volume Two yesterday and had a great time. The three mapboards--one from each of the Kits--mean some tricky long-range LOSes, unusual for SK, and the victory conditions--read them carefully--make this scenario one I'd be happy to play again, as either side. I'll have to try it full ASL next time.

Candice

Reaction score
I enjoyed Last Ally, Last Victory the most. It is almost a full ASL scenario with all kinds of wonderful toys and a swirling maelstrom coalescing into one huge melee. It would have made a great full ASL scenario, and definitely the best ASLSK experience out of the official scenarios I've played. Aster that one I moved on to full ASL confident I could handle combined forces.

jake264

Reaction score
Without reviewing all of the scenarios, my gut response would be S2. Stalingrad, flamethrowers, demolition charges, these are the kinds of things that bring new players into the hobby.