The Best Great War ASL Module?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
From what I gather Ray has released several GWASL modules. Is there one or two which are better than the others? I like big scenarios so a module with some of those would be cool.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They vary, but none were small. Most of CH's GWASL scenarios are medium to large. Some are enormous, IMO.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe so, Bill. For example, if you play the French module/pack (#2) you would need the German counters and boards that came in the first (British) module/pack. IIRC, in order to play the American module/pack, you would also need the first pack (again for the German counters and boards). I'm not sure if you'd need boards from the French module. The only exception are the HASL modules, such as Hindenburg Line or Cambrai. Personally, if I were curious about the GWASL system, I would try with one these HASL, or the first (British) module/pack.

The only ASL counters needed are your information counters.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe so, Bill. For example, if you play the French module/pack (#2) you would need the German counters and boards that came in the first (British) module/pack. IIRC, in order to play the American module/pack, you would also need the first pack (again for the German counters and boards). I'm not sure if you'd need boards from the French module. The only exception are the HASL modules, such as Hindenburg Line or Cambrai. Personally, if I were curious about the GWASL system, I would try with one these HASL, or the first (British) module/pack.

The only ASL counters needed are your information counters.
Thx Dave! I’ll give one those HASL modules a test drive.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure why it says that. I've played Hindenburg Line, and I was able to play it using only it plus my info counters.