The best console?

foster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What do you think is a better system ps2, xbox or game cube?

For my its hands down xbox, with game cube being the worst, I see game cube more as a system for little kids.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by foster
What do you think is a better system ps2, xbox or game cube?

For my its hands down xbox, with game cube being the worst, I see game cube more as a system for little kids.

I own a GameCube and a GBA. I don't think of any of the games I own for my GameCube as for little kids, except maybe Animal Crossing, and to a certain extent LoZ: The Wind Waker. The other games I own, like Metroid Prime, Beyond Good & Evil, and SW: Rogue Leader and Rebel Stike, are clearly oriented toward older gamers.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
X-box, shear power and the controller is hard to get used to esp. the big ones but I love the small ones.
Xbox is my choice due to one word; HALO!!
my used Xbox came with the small controllers. Yeah, i've heard complaints about the large Xbox controllers.

viking370

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i have always liked PS2 because unlike Xbox it doesn't overheat after a few hours of continous play. The Gamecube is set-up more younger kids then the avid gamer like us

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The gamecube is NOT setup for younger kids. This is an irritating misconception (no offense). It has many of the mature games of other systems, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid. The wind waker wasn't cel-shaded to make it a kid game, it was a step forward in graphics, and a new style. Probably the best game for the gamecube, and possibly for any console based on gamespots reviews, is Metroid Prime, which is not a kiddie game. Aside from the rant, although I like the gamecube, (super smash bros) I like the xbox the best on the sole fact that u can mod it, and it has the ESPN sports series. The new NFL 2k5 looks sweet and it will be only 20 dollars. I don't like playing FPS's on any console, so I still like PC's. Consoles are just old PC hardware in a smaller box :)

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The PS2 has the widest library of games, the Xbox has the most horsepower, and the GameCube has many classic franchises.

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
xbox is easily the best console. not only does it have a wide variety of games, but the hardware is much better. if u got a problem with the humungous controller, just go to the store and buy one of the shrunk-down ones, theyre much better.

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Praise for the PS2

The PS2 gets my vote. It's sleek graphics and great games make it one of the best consols out there. I love their first person shooters!!

Thanks and PS2 RULES!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

CURRAHEE

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
^^^PS2 actually has dated graphics. Its grainy appearance and the old graphics processor make it the most out of date console yet.

I would go for XBOX! :banana:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by nreese21
^^^PS2 actually has dated graphics. Its grainy appearance and the old graphics processor make it the most out of date console yet.

I would go for XBOX! :banana:

...could that be because it's the oldest?

Oh well, consoles are worthless anyway, PC is the way to go ;) at least until the PS3 with it's spiffy revolutionary hardware, can't wait to see how that cell thing or whatever it was called works out, might be a HUGE step for computing.

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
^^in a press release from Sony, they announced their PS3. (bad name but w/e). They said the price could range from 500-800 dollars! It will include Tivo and a hard drive, but will be matched and beaten with XBOX 2 (working title) with more advanced graphics and witht he same or more features (because it comes out later). XBOX, because the features will not be AS new, it will be cheaper and will range from 300-600 dollars. You will only have to wait 6-12 months after the release of PS3 for XBOX2.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, but the PS3 has some incredibly cool hardware. The xbox is nothing compared to my PC anyway. In reality, I probably won't ever buy another console, but who knows.

PvtJohnson

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
oviously xbox is the best. it makes vice city look so much better than on ps2. halo. the controllers are great (the little ones) and u can store music on it and play it during a game. the only thing that sucks is having to buy a remote to play dvd's on it. 50 bucks that i dont want to spend.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I dreaded hard drives coming to consoles. I feared that hard drives + online play = buggy games that the developers will push out the door and then patch later.

Luckily I don't believe this has been the case.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That brings up another thing about consoles. Thief 3 has a major bug in it, for the PC they release a patch, for the consoles they can't since the game doesn't use xbox live/online.