THE bdRBv3 and bdRO VASL thread

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
THE thread that covers the VASL versions of the Red Factory boards.

Update December 2019: Draft versions have posted here:

bdRBv3 is designed to be used with bdRO or each can be used as stand alone boards.

Read the read me for instructions on terrain and gutted factory transforms as well as how to butt the boards together.

Version two of the Overlay Extension includes the RB overlays from Red Factories.

Many thanks to Brent Morris for his tireless proofing! He caught my many mistakes. Any remaining errors are mine alone and I triple dog dare you to find them.

After I correct the errors you'll probably find and get Doug what he needs to add LOS to the boards, I'll release these boards as version 1.

May your hours mired in the rubbled streets and factories of Stalingrad be fun and pleasurable.

Allan

Last edited:

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there any log of what has changed, fixed, added
No log.

I assume you mean what changed between v2 and v3 of the VASL RB boards? VASL RBv3 is a reduced scale straight scan of the RB map in RF. VASL RBv2 was converted from scans of the now superseded RB map. It being hand drawn, it wasn't able to be simply scaled for use in VASL.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See top post for update. Thanks.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks!! any forecast on the RB specific overlays?
I'm striving to complete this in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, the RBv2 map does include the gutted overlays. It doesn't join with the RO board though.

Allan

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Don't want to impede your fabulous work I'm not quite sure why RB has to be mentioned since in a previous post
I thought all THAT was done. There was even shots of the overlay procedure. Ask the spud.

So IMHO all eyes are on RO apart from waiting 20 years for RO like everyone else these overlays are going to be celebrated
likewise.

Damn I'm looking forward to this..

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Please can you tell where to PUT this file and HOW tofind it.

It is not showing in the list. Sobb ... Wwaaahhhh

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both links take you to a GitHub message thread. In the top post of those threads you’ll see a link to download the boards. The boards are stored in my Dropbox. Once you select the Dropbox link, you need to direct download the boards from my Dropbox to your local system. Once on your local system, place the board files in your VASL boards folder.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Both links take you to a GitHub message thread. In the top post of those threads you’ll see a link to download the boards. The boards are stored in my Dropbox. Once you select the Dropbox link, you need to direct download the boards from my Dropbox to your local system. Once on your local system, place the board files in your VASL boards folder.
Boards in a boards folder? What a concept!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure I’m understanding your issue. The Red Factory boards are not set up for automatic downloads, you have to do it. Once downloaded, you’ll have to manually move them to your VASL boards folder. If you haven’t been able to download them, send me your email and I’ll try to email them to you.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That is all accounted for now,thanks. :)

What I don't understand is why the hexes are so small, if anything bigger would be better.

Just in case, no de- lux sizing is not a solution...

Lastly, is the colour shift something to do with my own laptop or has there been a VASL snap election on this?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Quite honestly.

Unless anyone is happy with not getting any new developments or modules or maps the rest of their natural lives (not to say it’s bad thing to play cardboard, but I like the flexibility and the global scope VASL entails.), I suggest we be nothing less than respectful, grateful and gracious towards the few of those who are adept at the dark arts and especially towards the even fewer of those who are still willing to give us their precious time towards such tedious work.

I am not suggesting even for a moment that they don’t take constructive suggestions. These folks are some of the most princely folks I have ever dealt with.

But for anything less than that, I’d say : you gonna take what they do, you gonna say “thank you” and you gonna like it.

Hey, you can always ask for your money back, I mean ..

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Obersts request to change size and color have been noted. For reasons stated, they won’t be implemented. This has been addressed in a private email. That issue is closed.

As Hongkong said, we here at the VASL cabal encourage your inputs and proofing. Please post any you have re the Red Factory boards here or send me a PM. Thanks.