The Battle of Manila 1945

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Apparently according to a guy on FB it is going onto pre order soon along with HL!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Status update.....today I sent the final versions of the rules, scenarios, and CG's to Perry and Chas. One step closer to seeing this one in print!
Congratulations!

Now, how soon for Peleliu? :):)

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations!

Now, how soon for Peleliu? :):)
Funny you should ask. Some minor layouts still need to be completed. Biggest issue right now is waiting on Rick to complete the final print map (the lazy good for nothing artist). :) It will take a while as the final map will be around 32" x 70". I have not been able to devote any time to "Loo" for the past five months as I was wrapping up Manila. Hope to revisit Peleliu in a month or so. This month I am finishing up a second play test of a CG for another PTO mini-HASL project of mine. I know once Perry and Chas begin to dig into Manila in earnest they will have several questions so I know what I will be concentrating on the first couple of months in 2021.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wondering if the Manila box art has been finalized yet.
Have not heard from MMP if they have made a final decision yet. I did submit my suggestion for the cover art about two years ago and Perry seemed excited. I suggested a painting by Keith Rocco, titled "Manila Would Do". I'll check with MMP tomorrow and see if anything has been worked out yet.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
That's cool! Thanks for the reply. I am really, really looking forward to Peleliu!
You will need an elite personal morale if the USA in that one, I can just see a moonscape with a few concealment counters scattered about and most of the Japanese units HIP in caves and pillboxes. An utter nightmare, like it was for our troops but such a challenge to attack in such an environment, very similar to what was faced on Iwo Jima. Good luck with this future product, looking forward to another ASL nightmare in Manilla and breaking into the Intramuros, Vic.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have not heard from MMP if they have made a final decision yet. I did submit my suggestion for the cover art about two years ago and Perry seemed excited. I suggested a painting by Keith Rocco, titled "Manila Would Do". I'll check with MMP tomorrow and see if anything has been worked out yet.
We are still working on getting the Rocco art and hope to be able to share something before too long.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Very dramatic scene, great choice. Hope it works. Looking at Rocco's website I see one of his art was used as cover in one issue of Battles magazine.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rocco's painting depicts an action by Sgt. Billy Vinson in where he fought off a small banzai charge by six Japanese soldiers using his BAR, so that the wounded men in his platoon could be moved to safety. It also reminds me of the actions by Pvt. Cleto Rodriguez. In the fight for the Paco Railroad Station, he and his assistant gunner used his BAR to engage several Japanese pillboxes, clearing the way for the rest of his company to advance. He killed over thirty Japanese and eliminated a gun crew in this action. A couple weeks later in the Legislative Building, his squad was pinned down in the foyer, so he loaded a full magazine into his BAR and charged up the stairs firing as he went. Again he killed almost two dozen Japanese. When he reached the top of the stairs he was alone....his squad was standing on the ground floor staring up at him in amazement. He received the CMO for the Paco RR Station action as was actually considered for a second CMO for the Legislative action.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would assume so, since ASLSARGE would have mentioned the CMH being awarded to his family.