The atmosphere of an ASL event

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I'm not referring to the actual air quality, that requires it's own thread, but that special feeling that I would sometimes get at an event. The outside world was irrelevant. Then and there was the center of the ASL universe. A special place with special people.

Is this just me and too many evenings imbibing refreshments with the gang or have others experienced this?

I had the same feeling at a couple Zappa concerts.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I'm not referring to the actual air quality, that requires it's own thread, but that special feeling that I would sometimes get at an event. The outside world was irrelevant. Then and there was the center of the ASL universe. A special place with special people.

Is this just me and too many evenings imbibing refreshments with the gang or have others experienced this?

I had the same feeling at a couple Zappa concerts.
Well there is not much you can add to this. I have experienced similar immersion in concerts, but that is couple of hours max - an ASL event is several days or even a week if you are lucky enough to make it to ASLOK.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Well there is not much you can add to this. I have experienced similar immersion in concerts, but that is couple of hours max - an ASL event is several days or even a week if you are lucky enough to make it to ASLOK.
Immersion is an excellent description!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've had a similar experience, some years ago, at large tournaments for a CCG (collectible card game), Legend of the Five Rings.

We'd go as a group for the whole weekend, and play, talk, breathe, live card game. (It probably helped that the game had an important evolving story attached, so when not discussing the card game, we'd discuss the story)