The ASL cookbook...

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just the other day I saw a D&D cookbook - a book containing real recipes that Elves, Halflings, Humans and Dwarves are considered to eat. Then the Amazon algorithm started throwing at me all these other cookbooks based on other games and their universes. Hence, how about an ASL cookbook? Would this be what players eat while playing or what cardboard soldiers eat at mess? This could be interesting considering all the different nationalities.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you should play Pork Chop Hill while eating pork chops, lots of napkins please.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Dark and Sturmgeschotz

2 shots of dark rum
6 ounces of ginger beer
4 shotz of tequila

Mix the ginger beer and rum in your favorite beverage glass. I use a large coffee cup but I am a heathen.

After each swig of the Dark and Sturmgeschotz do a shot if tequila. Works every time.🤪

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Jick's Javeine

12 scoops of coffee
Water

Fill coffee pot with the water to the ten cup mark. Put 12 scoops coffee in the filter. Brew. Go back to gunnin. When the coffee has finished brewing serve immediately. Hot. Black. No sugar or sweetener. Repeat entire process as needed.

We didn't eat while actually gunnin but would consume a lot of Jick's Javeine.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I don't know why but when I think of ASLers eating food while playing I immediately think of barbecue ribs.....

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Actiondebbie's ASLOk Chili

Although we gave up ASL and Oktoberfest Fish would go to ASLOk for a couple days then drive down to Kent to pick me up for my annual appearance.

Actiondebbie knew we wouldn't be back until late and would cook up a pot of chili and leave it on the stove waiting for our return. Fish wasn't into " mutto meat, mutated meat " as he called ground beef, sausages and the like, but always had a couple bowls of Actiondebbie's ASLOk Chili.

I thought his attitude towards mutto meat was rather odd since he was half German.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fish's Oktoberfest Mulligan Stew

3 cups of WTF were you thinking
6 tbsp of some people require sleep
? pots of javeine ( if we didn't sleep why should you )

Fish's recipe for an earlier Oktoberfest. He was playing in the Post Office golf league at the time and thought that golf"s mulligan should be applied to the Oktoberfest Tournament. In other words your first loss didn't count.

At that time Oktoberfest was a three day event and we required nine or ten scenarios to be played for the tournament. WTF were we thinking? One loss doesn't count!!! It was Fish's idea but I don't recall thinking it was a bad idea. Lol it was!!!

In the cookbook mark this recipe as " do not try again, doesn't work " . 🙄

Last edited:

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
All right, gas warfare is not allowed !
Did you not attend Oktoberfest during the Cap'n Taco days?

Facemasks were a thing there decades before Covid! Although a full-body hazmat suit with respirator was preferred.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have not had the pleasure of attending ASLOK (yet). But constant flatulence can be a distraction {might be somebody's strategy}.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Have not had the pleasure of attending ASLOK (yet). But constant flatulence can be a distraction {might be somebody's strategy}.
Here's hoping your wish to attend ASKOk turns out to be more than a popcorn fart in a hurricane wind.

Lol I don't know why I still remember that one. It is so silly. 🥰