The After

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like Netflix, Amazon now has its own TV series production company. I only checked out one show so far, but boy does it look good! It is a post-apocalyptic story (mercifully free of zombies) called The After. Only the pilot is available, but it sure has me hooked already!

Check it out:

[video=youtube_share;-p9Ho-UqnAI]http://youtu.be/-p9Ho-UqnAI[/video]

Not bad. I definitely detect a bit of Lost, along with some "End Times" prophesying. The latter makes me nervous because while I think it could provide a rich foundation for a PA story, most shows that have taken that angle get themselves all tangled up with either bizarre conspiratorial biblical interpretations, or downright cornball ones. Not sure if this show will avoid that pitfall yet.

Regardless, I think it is off to a good start. Tighten up the acting a bit and off we go!

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm. Interesting. This might be worth a peek.

Funny how after the collapse of Soviet Communism everyone thought we were now safe from nuclear destruction. To paraphrase/misquote 'M' from James Bond, I miss the good old days of the cold war, we never had it so good. :laugh: Of course from what I understand Russia has been getting more and more bellicose towards the west these days.

"You tell me, over and over and over and over again my friend, you don't believe, we're on the eve, of destruction." :devious: