The 2009 GameSquad Invitational (Results)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lock and load, the 2009 GameSquad Invitational Chess Tournament is now here!

Details

This will be a one round, double round robin tournament with a 14-day time control. The tourney will be conducted over at Chess.com. This will be an invitational event ONLY! This tourney will have a maximum of 12 players (but no minimum) with 256 points available. Vacation time is allowed. All players are encouraged (but not required) to report results to the GameSquad Chess Ladder.

What You Need to Do

If you are interested in joining, all you need to do is register for a free account over at Chess.com. Once registered, send me (PM) or post your Chess.com handle here (i.e., mine is RooksBailey) so I can send you an invite to the tourney. Slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis! Tourney will begin as soon as all invites RSVP one way or the other, but not later than July 17. If all slots are currently filled, keep checking back as players may decline the invitation/drop out.

Final Player List

1. Lurker88
  2. KingNothing12
  3. Bevanbraves
  4. Blind_Sniper
  5. dwardzala
  6. RooksBailey
  7. CrusaderRabbit
  8. YourElection
  9. foggiest
See you on the battlefield!

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: The 2009 GameSquad Invitational is Here!

I am in! Although I haven't played much the last 3 or 4 months (easy pickins :) )

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

hey there guys...I want in but am involved in another tourney there at present....I hope to be done it before the 17th or I will [should} buy a membership there. :smoke:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

hey there guys...I want in but am involved in another tourney there at present....I hope to be done it before the 17th or I will [should} buy a membership there. :smoke:
Don't worry. For a mod, we can bend the rules a bit. :) Just let me know if you need some extra time.

Heads up: we have an open slot again. Any takers?

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Scott
Is there a possible time shorting from 14 days to say 5 days??? If I get locked into this tournament it could be a long time before I could play in others at chess.com . Though I seem always to be paired up with very higher rated players.:mad: Then I get my butt :toilet: handed to me on a regular basis.:argh:

wayne

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I couldn't handle that many games with only a five day TC. :eek: :D I could whittle it down to 10 days, but I wouldn't want to go shorter than that considering the potential number of games each of us needs to play.

Foggy

Reaction score

Count me in - I need to feel some more pain:laugh:

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Even with a 14 day TC i think most people make moves quicker. I try for 2x day. 14 just means if i go away for a weekend i dont have only 1 or 2 days left when i get home.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Even with a 14 day TC i think most people make moves quicker. I try for 2x day. 14 just means if i go away for a weekend i dont have only 1 or 2 days left when i get home.
Once the final player list is set, we can revisit the TC. If we get a full roster, I am reluctant to go below 10 days. But if we have a smaller crowd, 7 days may be doable.

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

:blab:I hear 10... yes...:blab:do I here 7 ... yes ... :blab:do I hear 5... going once going twice...:laugh::p:smoke:

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania

I've excepted the invite. This should be fun considering I'm the n00b of the bunch. :)

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

NEWS FLASH!!!

I just won a game against a 1550 player in a tournament...see all things are possible. Most likely the highest I ever have beaten...and greta sportsman...he did win the first game:cry:. Now it is time for a few drinks:drink::drink::toast: a little dancing:redapple::broccoli::banana:... I do have to admit it was the joy of victory...believe you me that it beats the agony of defeat. I have had enough of that lately...but this takes the sting out of that.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Why don't you post the game here? I would like to see it! Congrats!

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

problem with that is the other player was not in Gamesquad. Would he not have to register? you can see it at Chess.com by looking at my games and it is the last game against pblack. :smoke:

Lurker

Reaction score

I think Scott meant to post the game itself here, not necessarily to the ladder. You could do a copy and paste of it, yes?