The 2008 GameSquad Chess Tourney

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all,

How does everyone feel about starting our annual tournament on April 12? I chose that date to commemorate the start of the American Civil War. :D

Let me know!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The usual suspects are back. :D

Great. We'll go with at least a 7-day time control, so it will be a leisurely pace. Also, Chess.com has a vacation setting so nobody will time out while away during the summer.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fellow kings, knights & bishops,

Good news! Chess.com has implemented an automated tourney system! This is going to be good for two reasons:

1) Since it is all automated, it makes it much easier to run a tourney and keep track of the results.

2) All tourneys are visible to all the members of Chess.com. This means that we will be sure to have a lot of new blood to compete against.

I haven't tried the system yet, but I plan to give it a go in the near future. Baring any bugs, the new tourney system should make our third annual tourney all the more fun.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I created a test tourney to see how it works (I called it "Warhammer Fantasy Fans" - feel free to join if you want!) and here's the deal:

1) Gold members can only create tourneys up to 12 people, which I feel is a little limited
2) Round Robin tourneys are only available at the moment

Clearly, the tourney system needs more work. They are planning to make it more robust, but that is the deal so far. However, for our purposes, this should be just fine.

Last edited: