Thanks alot MMP

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All I can say even if I wanted to resell it on Ebay I could not sell it as mint condition.
Let me get this straight.

Even though the product was not actually damaged in any way that prevents it from being used, nor was the quality of the product or performance of the product affected in any way... you seem to be complaining because you cannot re-sell it on Ebay?!?

Sure, UPS has possession of this for most of its trip, but maybe try shipping products in boxes that are consistent with the product rather than dump it into an over-sized box, with little or no internal stuffing to protect the product.
Puh-leaze.

I have purchased several -- many -- products from MMP, and never had one damaged. Ever.

Thanks for nothing. Enjoy my $34. :mad:
"For nothing". I get it. You have no interest in playing it at all. You merely want to collect it, with an eye on re-selling it at a profit at some later date.

Ri-i-i-ght.

Excuse me if I fail to shed a tear.

My expectations is that when MMP hands over the product to the shipper it arrives in the same condition as when it left the warehouse.
And your assumption appears to be that the product was not in the same condition when it was handed over to the shipper?

Not only do I believe that your expectations are unrealistic, I also believe that this little... complaint... of yours is ridiculously stupid.

What an a$$.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just recommend going somewhere else to avoid likelihood of problems in the first place.
Blah blah freaking blah.

"To avoid the likelihood of problems in the first place"???

Right. Like purchasing from someone else would automatically and unconditionally guarantee that there will be no problems.

Ordering from MMP does not create a "likelihood of problems".

And the subject of this particular complaint is so ludicrous as to hardly warrant a response from MMP, or anyone else for that matter. Give me a break.

Disgusting, really.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let me get this straight.

Even though the product was not actually damaged in any way that prevents it from being used, nor was the quality of the product or performance of the product affected in any way... you seem to be complaining because you cannot re-sell it on Ebay?!?

Puh-leaze.

I have purchased several -- many -- products from MMP, and never had one damaged. Ever.

"For nothing". I get it. You have no interest in playing it at all. You merely want to collect it, with an eye on re-selling it at a profit at some later date.

Ri-i-i-ght.

Excuse me if I fail to shed a tear.

And your assumption appears to be that the product was not in the same condition when it was handed over to the shipper?

Not only do I believe that your expectations are unrealistic, I also believe that this little... complaint... of yours is ridiculously stupid.

What an a$$.
Well, you have no idea WTF you are talking about.

I did not say I would sell it on Ebay (apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit). I said if "even if I wanted to", I could not. I bought the product to eventually use it. My expectations it would arrive undamaged. Not a lot to ask.

As for the rest - you are just an idiot and don't deserve any more of my time.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just email problems@multimanpublishing.com and it'll be taken care of. And you will not be asked to return the damaged one to receive a replacement. No one ever is.
Thanks Chas. First of all, you guys do a great service to the community. The product is not damaged to the point I cannot use it and I plan to open it anyway. The frustration is that it was damaged in the first instance and like I indicated previously, other products have arrived damaged in shipping before as well. I generally don't complain, but there is a point where I would hope that MMP would want to address where its products are getting damaged during shipping. Clearly more of an issue with UPS, et al., but a quick wrap in bubble wrap probably takes care of many issues.

I am off the issue and won't be back to address any more idiot posts (not yours, but others). Apologize for the sharp post in the first instance. One should not post when you are tired and frustrated.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're disappointed, and rightly so. However I would agree with many of the others that what you should have done first was to call MMP and calmly explain your situation to them. I know from past personal experience with them that they will do a lot for you to make it right if you "ask nicely" and in a professional manner. I had issues with them a long time ago when I got Journal 2 with the Kakazu Ridge mini-HASL and there were no rules in my package. I wrote MMP and in less than a week had ExpressMailed to me a whole new KR mini-HASL...the whole thing, not just the missing rules! THAT is going above and beyond. You might try this approach next time. Works better than posting angry notes on the forums IMHO (30+ years of Customer Service experience). "Ya'll git better reults serving honey than ya will serving manure" - JT Cornpone III.

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Chas. First of all, you guys do a great service to the community. The product is not damaged to the point I cannot use it and I plan to open it anyway. The frustration is that it was damaged in the first instance and like I indicated previously, other products have arrived damaged in shipping before as well. I generally don't complain, but there is a point where I would hope that MMP would want to address where its products are getting damaged during shipping. Clearly more of an issue with UPS, et al., but a quick wrap in bubble wrap probably takes care of many issues.

I am off the issue and won't be back to address any more idiot posts (not yours, but others). Apologize for the sharp post in the first instance. One should not post when you are tired and frustrated.
Dave68124,

Why don't you just go back and edit your comment? When you do that you can take the totally unnecessary statement parts off-- maybe, all of it-- and just maybe all of the forumites that copied your statement will soon find your comment gone. Those who piled on might similarly find it useful to delete their comments.....:)

An apology is appropriate, and welcomed.... you critical statement is worthy of your editing/deletion.

Best regards,:salute:
John

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Got mine today, packed well with plenty of heavy brown packing paper surrounding the AP.
There is a slight crimp in the lower outside corner, about 1/4" in size, obviously from handling during shipping. This has no effect on the maps or scenario cards at all, just the outer folder and it's merely a very small cosmetic blemish.
It's not an issue for me at all.
It's good to see Chas on top of this right away, I've always had trouble free dealings with MMP.

It seems inevitable, posties and courier drivers throw boxes around in the truck while repositioning their cargos for arrival at the next few stops. Often corners get dented.
They're not malicious, just not particularly careful with parcels.
I see it everyday, I work in shipping/recieving.

I second ASLSARGE's comments regarding dealing with customer service in any transaction.
Be polite, state your case firmly and professionally, and you'll be treated professionally and courtiously.
Most people in this line of work will do what it takes to make you happy if you're being reasonable and nice, or at least civil.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a buddy of mine that wored at UPS, they would throw those boxes around like there was no tomorrow. I guess when you pay people like crap, you get a crappy work force.

Scott

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Received my copy of AP4 in the mail yesterday. However, I would like to thank you for the nice pack job you guys did. All I can say even if I wanted to resell it on Ebay I could not sell it as mint condition. Box crimped on one edge to the extent the plastic wrap is broken and a crimp in the box. Sure, UPS has possession of this for most of its trip, but maybe try shipping products in boxes that are consistent with the product rather than dump it into an over-sized box, with little or no internal stuffing to protect the product.

Probably a good thing you have exclusivity on the product line as with any other company, I would not come back for more in the future if I had any other options. Plus, it would likely cost me about half the price to ship it back for a new copy.

At least you got AP4...that´s a bit more than nothing, right !?

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received my copy of AP4 in the mail yesterday. However, I would like to thank you for the nice pack job you guys did. All I can say even if I wanted to resell it on Ebay I could not sell it as mint condition. Box crimped on one edge to the extent the plastic wrap is broken and a crimp in the box. Sure, UPS has possession of this for most of its trip, but maybe try shipping products in boxes that are consistent with the product rather than dump it into an over-sized box, with little or no internal stuffing to protect the product.

Probably a good thing you have exclusivity on the product line as with any other company, I would not come back for more in the future if I had any other options. Plus, it would likely cost me about half the price to ship it back for a new copy.

I cannot believe that a dented corner on the box is even remotely important (UNLESS YOU ARE A SPECULATOR). Even then, most potential buyers in the future who want to play the game rather than collect it won't care.

The BOX is the first thing that goes in the trash around here.

I then punch any counters and sort in trays, place rules sections & scenario cards in sheet protectors in a binder, place boards/maps in assigned storage containers, etc.

What a bunch of whining about NOTHING

And MMP has to respond to this as if it really is an issue worthy of consideration or they will be grilled by Portal and his ilk. :angry:

==================

For what it's worth, I don't think my copy of AP4 even had a box - just an Action Pack folio around the components (with some cardboard in there for filler). That folio also has minimal game play value if you disregard the few errata items printed there

Last edited:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Ingram
=

And MMP has to respond to this as if it really is an issue worthy of consideration or they will be grilled by Portal...

Message deleted. :violin:
Chas,
The first message in this thread should look like yours-- Message deleted.:laugh::laugh:

I would be glad to have some dented modules.... got any "dented" Code of Bushido" or dented black ABtF counters?:)

John

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a buddy of mine that wored at UPS, they would throw those boxes around like there was no tomorrow. I guess when you pay people like crap, you get a crappy work force.

Scott
Boy I hope the guy who makes your body armor doesn't have an attitude like that.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boy I hope the guy who makes your body armor doesn't have an attitude like that.
I remember when I worked a two-week temp job long ago, at a place which put finishes on metal parts by... anodizing them? Can't recall the details, but it involved putting lots of metal pieces on racks, dipping them into vats of bubbling foul-smelling liquids, and using electrolysis to bond the finish coat onto the parts.

Then when the racks came out of the vats, we got to pull all the pieces off and bin them, which meant coating our hands in the foul-smelling liquids all day long. Real fun, real pride I took in that job... :lier: :(

...until the day they took us back to the offices and showed us a sample of the finished product many of these parts were going to be used in -- a NATO gas mask.

Suddenly the job took on some new meaning... :salute:

John

bennerc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a great idea! A thread where we get to thank MMP for everything they have done.

Thanks for carrying the ASL torch into the 21st century! :hail:
Thanks for the starter kits! :hurray:
Thanks for BV 3rd! :toast:
Thanks for AoO! :headbang:
Thanks for Valor of the Guards! :thumup:
Thanks for selling me a totally cool module like Pegasus Bridge for $15! :love:
Thanks for the Action Packs! :clap:
Thanks for the Journals! :joy:

And, Chas, thank you for finally having a hottie as your avatar; Spock's big eye really scared me. :OHNO:

:ciao:

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a great idea! A thread where we get to thank MMP for everything they have done.

Thanks for carrying the ASL torch into the 21st century! :hail:
Thanks for the starter kits! :hurray:
Thanks for BV 3rd! :toast:
Thanks for AoO! :headbang:
Thanks for Valor of the Guards! :thumup:
Thanks for selling me a totally cool module like Pegasus Bridge for $15! :love:
Thanks for the Action Packs! :clap:
Thanks for the Journals! :joy:

And, Chas, thank you for finally having a hottie as your avatar; Spock's big eye really scared me. :OHNO:

:ciao:
I think thanking Chas should be first.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So where's our BRT Gamer's Guide, Map Bundle, and DB3, already?? :laugh::D:p

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks MMP, for putting up with lots of crap and still producing first rate products.

When I get my AP4, I will rip it out of it's packaging, throw the packaging in some dark corner, and start setting up the game.

In fact, thanks MMP for providing cheap packaging that keeps the price of the action packs reasonable.

Bill

Last edited:

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Ingram
=

And MMP has to respond to this as if it really is an issue worthy of consideration or they will be grilled by Portal...

Re: Thanks alot MMP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Argent
Message deleted.

Chas,
The first message in this thread should look like yours-- Message deleted.:laugh::laugh:

I would be glad to have some dented modules.... got any "dented" Code of Bushido" or dented black ABtF counters?:)

John
I am glad to see the first message was infact deleted by the poster... appreciated. Hope your complaint was properly addressed.

John