Thanks alot MMP

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You could try contacting MMP and explaining the situation to see if they would remedy/replace rather than just slag them off :rolleyes:

Andy

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Received my copy of AP4 in the mail yesterday. However, I would like to thank you for the nice pack job you guys did. All I can say even if I wanted to resell it on Ebay I could not sell it as mint condition. Box crimped on one edge to the extent the plastic wrap is broken and a crimp in the box. Sure, UPS has possession of this for most of its trip, but maybe try shipping products in boxes that are consistent with the product rather than dump it into an over-sized box, with little or no internal stuffing to protect the product.

Probably a good thing you have exclusivity on the product line as with any other company, I would not come back for more in the future if I had any other options. Plus, it would likely cost me about half the price to ship it back for a new copy.

Thanks for nothing. Enjoy my $34. :mad:
Your expectations are unrealistic. I received mine shipped in the same manner. The over-sized box provides superior protection from mishaps in transit. And the internal stuffing is adequate to stabilize the product inside the shipping box. What more do you want? A bullet-proof box shipped by armored car? Your problem is with the shipper.

Last edited:

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your expectations are unrealistic. I received mine shipped in the same manner. The over-sized box provides superior protection from mishaps in transit. And the internal stuffing is adequate to stabilize the product inside the shipping box. What more do you want? A bullet-proof box shipped by armored car? Your problem is with the shipper.
My expectations is that when MMP hands over the product to the shipper it arrives in the same condition as when it left the warehouse. That is not asking a lot and the same I expect from any company I purchase from. My assumption is that they ship 1,000's of products each year and should package them accordingly so I don't have to look to UPS as getting banged around in the truck should be expected. If not, then I would expect it to be shipped in yesterday's newspaper.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You could try contacting MMP and explaining the situation to see if they would remedy/replace rather than just slag them off :rolleyes:

Andy
Let's see. I sit on the phone with a CSR who would likely give a rat's ass about at least thinking about how they package there products. Sure, I get a replacement for my chrimped box. OR

I post it here and get a bigger bang for my 10 minutes and go straight to the source. Also, the chrimped box is not the point. It is still usable and definitely not worth a trip to the post office to return the material. The fact they could not ship it damage free in the first instance is more of the irratant.

Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but not a lot of other companies we purchase items off of the internet seem to have this issue.

BTW - Not the first product ever received from MMP where the product was damaged in the box due to sub-par packaging. Just the first time I decided to complain about it as more than once begins to beg the theory of just bad luck.

I said my peace. If someone chooses to take the constructive criticism then great. If not, maybe UPS will treat their packages with kids gloves going forward.

Last edited:

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
My expectations is that when MMP hands over the product to the shipper it arrives in the same condition as when it left the warehouse. That is not asking a lot and the same I expect from any company I purchase from. My assumption is that they ship 1,000's of products each year and should package them accordingly so I don't have to look to UPS as getting banged around in the truck should be expected. If not, then I would expect it to be shipped in yesterday's newspaper.
Your expectations are unrealistic. MMP may indeed help you out, though.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's see. I sit on the phone with a CSR who would likely give a rat's ass about at least thinking about how they package there products. Sure, I get a replacement for my chrimped box. OR

I post it here and get a bigger bang for my 10 minutes and go straight to the source. Also, the chrimped box is not the point. It is still usable and definitely not worth a trip to the post office to return the material. The fact they could not ship it damage free in the first instance is more of the irratant.

Maybe my expectations are unrealistic, but not a lot of other companies we purchase items off of the internet seem to have this issue.

BTW - Not the first product ever received from MMP where the product was damaged in the box due to sub-par packaging. Just the first time I decided to complain about it as more than once begins to beg the theory of just bad luck.

I said my peace. If someone chooses to take the constructive criticism then great. If not, maybe UPS will treat their packages with kids gloves going forward.
Serious question: What makes you think posting it here will go straight to the source?

BTW: From what I know there is not exactly an army of "CSRs" at MMP. I'm pretty sure the person doing this for MMP gives a "rat's ass" about the company's customers. Just a suggestion: Try the standard channels... see if they can help you. Maybe you already have, but I wasn't clear on that from your post. I'm not guarranteeing your happiness... this is just a suggestion, but it's one that has worked for me in the past.

JT

Last edited:

Honus

Reaction score
Wow, mine arrived in great shape. Unfortunately I won't be able to sell it on eBay as Mint, since I immediately opened it up and the scenario cards got drool on them.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Serious question: What makes you think posting it here will go straight to the source?

BTW: From what I know there is not exactly an army of "CSRs" at MMP. I'm pretty sure the person doing this for MMP gives a "rat's ass" about the company's customers. Just a suggestion: Try the standard channels... see if they can help you. Maybe you already have, but I wasn't clear on that from your post. I'm not guarranteeing your happiness... this is just a suggestion, but it's one that has worked for me in the past.

JT
I have personally experienced some great help from MMP with problems. They like to make things right, even when it's not their fault. But a resentful attitude is out of order. MMP didn't smash that box.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just email problems@multimanpublishing.com and it'll be taken care of. And you will not be asked to return the damaged one to receive a replacement. No one ever is.

Received my copy of AP4 in the mail yesterday. However, I would like to thank you for the nice pack job you guys did. All I can say even if I wanted to resell it on Ebay I could not sell it as mint condition. Box crimped on one edge to the extent the plastic wrap is broken and a crimp in the box. Sure, UPS has possession of this for most of its trip, but maybe try shipping products in boxes that are consistent with the product rather than dump it into an over-sized box, with little or no internal stuffing to protect the product.

Probably a good thing you have exclusivity on the product line as with any other company, I would not come back for more in the future if I had any other options. Plus, it would likely cost me about half the price to ship it back for a new copy.

Thanks for nothing. Enjoy my $34. :mad:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Obviously you know nothing about MMP's customer service.

My shipping box was also damage, but due to the size of the box and packing, the material inside was perfect.

dustyrd

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Without even attempting to get the problem solved you bash MMP and complain about other previous mailings. Sitting, stewing and finally blowing up on the people not even in control of handling the product during shipping borders on ludicrus. Complain to the shipping company or MMP and see who resolves your issue. Guarantee it won't be the shippers. Follow the link Chas gave you and your issue will be handled, that is a guarantee.

Honus

Reaction score
I remember when I got an entire second set of Red Barricounters, just because approximately twenty Russian squads/half-squads in the original set (on a single countersheet) were unusable.

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My recommended solution: Buy from Alex Key or Gamer's Armory in the future. Pre-order from MMP direct only if you want to help an item see print.

I've heard of this problem before, and these days, MMP is even sending stuff to Canada through Sweden for whatever reason. Buy from a pro retailer when you can.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
My recommended solution: Buy from Alex Key or Gamer's Armory in the future. Pre-order from MMP direct only if you want to help an item see print.

I've heard of this problem before, and these days, MMP is even sending stuff to Canada through Sweden for whatever reason. Buy from a pro retailer when you can.
Entirely unnecessary. MMP routinely solves problems like this. But if you want to support another reseller that's your business.

:)

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you buy from a pro retailer in the first place, you rarely encounter a problem you need the seller to help resolve. I know I'd prefer that scenario.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

You never miss an opportunity do you? :rolleyes:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm definitely not knocking MMP's ability to resolve the problem. They do have great customer service staff if you can get through to them (phones and e-mails aren't always answered immediately).

I just recommend going somewhere else to avoid likelihood of problems in the first place. The whole packages to Sweden thing for Canadian customers sealed the deal for me.

And I didn't even pre-order AP4 from MMP, so they can't take it out on me! :laugh: