Teutonic Terror 1-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have these? Are they any good? What are the components? Have these been printed before?

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi Danno

No luck here - never appealed to me - like the Hot stove Packs - missed both those sets

Rob :)

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone have these? Are they any good? What are the components? Have these been printed before?
Actually there are 4 packs with 8 scenarios per pack. They seem to be all new. Can't find any others with the same names. Pack one has 4 nice maps, 2 and 3 have 3 maps each and 4 has winterized versions of the first 4 maps for the winter scenarios in the pack. You have to have all the packs because scenarios in the later packs use maps from the earlier packs like scenario TT17, from pack 3, which is a large one uses maps from all of the first three packs. Mostly medium sized scenarios with some small and some large. The first three packs are Rus vs Ger and the last winterized pack is US vs Ger.

Hope that helps,
Ray

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
According to CH website these are previously published scenarios ported over to the new maps in the packs. No idea from what previous product(s).

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to CH website these are previously published scenarios ported over to the new maps in the packs. No idea from what previous product(s).
Yes, this is what the site says: Please note, some of the themes and terrain have been visited in past ASLComp incarnations - these are new versions ported to this series of boards and none are exactly as any past scenario.

So they are old scenarios re-worked and re-named which is all right with me because they are different. CH's maps are always great and they look like they will be fun.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Basically what you have are old scenarios you probably already own, re-jiggered but not re-playtested, to take place on different maps.

In essence, by buying one of these packs, you are saying "I am willing to pay to playtest for Critical Hit."

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In essence, by buying one of these packs, you are saying "I am willing to pay to playtest for Critical Hit."
This presupposes a feedback mechanism wherein CH makes changes based on what customers tell them, presumably to make scenarios "better". I see no evidence for this.

I think that by buying one of these packs, people are saying "I like the maps and/or the theme more than I'm worried about playtesting". One can observe this behavior and boggle one's mind (I sure do), but one probably has better things to worry about.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This presupposes a feedback mechanism wherein CH makes changes based on what customers tell them, presumably to make scenarios "better". I see no evidence for this.

I think that by buying one of these packs, people are saying "I like the maps and/or the theme more than I'm worried about playtesting". One can observe this behavior and boggle one's mind (I sure do), but one probably has better things to worry about.
I have evidence that this occurs, though I do not know how often it occurs. Mistakes pointed out in the old CH forums were often fixed in subsequent "editions," and this was true for at least some things pointed out by e-mail as well, based on e-mails shared with me.

I do agree that many people buy CH products just for the maps, counters or theme, with no concerns for actual quality. Which is why so many of their products are bought by collectors, completists, people who don't play ASL with other people, and dabblers.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, rapscallions, ne'er-do-wells, and Buckeye fans.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Whiskers1123, when you go around constantly "disliking" people's posts, you just make yourself seem like a crank. Maybe relax, calm down, take a nap? It's just a gaming forum.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, rapscallions, ne'er-do-wells, and Buckeye fans.

Hey, Hey, Hey, I thought you were born in Toledo?

You can be forgiven for being forced to move to that State up above that shall not be mentioned due to your parents re-location. :)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
So they are old scenarios re-worked and re-named which is all right with me because they are different.
This illogical statement is ironically idiotic.

The only reworking is changing a scenario title, scenario number or adding or subtracting one item in the OOB and jacking the price up 25% and reselling it as something new.

sad face

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Everybody does not weigh the same characteristics of a scenario pack equally. Each person decides which qualities are desired. They are spending their cash not somebody else's money. After a few purchases some players may become disheartened by low quality of some aspects and refrain from buying products from one or more publishers. I think that Whiskers1123 understands that there are others with a different opinion of CH products. No need for more dissenting opinions.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Hey, Hey, I thought you were born in Toledo?

You can be forgiven for being forced to move to that State up above that shall not be mentioned due to your parents re-location. :)
Negative, Ghost Rider. Was born in the Big Apple and came to Toledo later in life. Thus my ability to discern quality schools from ... lesser ;)

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Take your negativity and friends to another forum or your sad website. I read this forum to see if there is anything interesting going on with the CH stuff not to see the negativity. Go away! You and your kind a trouble makers.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Negative, Ghost Rider. Was born in the Big Apple and came to Toledo later in life. Thus my ability to discern quality schools from ... lesser ;)
Ohh, I see.... :) I thought there was some Toledo there.

My step brother actually went to OSU but roots for the Wolverines. He cannot stand Ohio State. What a freakin' loser!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Here I am .. thinking that there's Freedom of Speech in America, that people don't need to "go away". Silly me. It's same everywhere ain't it, especially when it comes to sayings like "you and your kind" even between fellow Americans.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Everybody does not weigh the same characteristics of a scenario pack equally. Each person decides which qualities are desired. They are spending their cash not somebody else's money. After a few purchases some players may become disheartened by low quality of some aspects and refrain from buying products from one or more publishers. I think that Whiskers1123 understands that there are others with a different opinion of CH products. No need for more dissenting opinions.
Nope. He just told everyone he doesn't understand there are others with a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.