Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I'm working on fixing counter errors in VASL for 6.4.1 that are of the nature:
- counter image is incorrect
- counter Info is incorrect (the box that shows Crew Survival and Special Ammo)
- counter name is incorrect

I've already gone thru some of the threads here but you all know how large they can get so if you know of a counter error of the kind above, if you should post the error and what the correct information is (and what's the source for the corrected) I will try to validate your claim and correct the counter for the next cut (6.4.1).

Thanks

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I needed to use a 75mm Resita M43 AT from the Axis Minors guns (Ordnance Note 4). One of the real counter's backside notes is "Black TH#". The VASL counter has "Mlk TH#".

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I needed to use a 75mm Resita M43 AT from the Axis Minors guns (Ordnance Note 4). One of the real counter's backside notes is "Black TH#". The VASL counter has "Mlk TH#".
Got that one fixed already, although I changed it to Blk TH# to match more/most of the other Black TH# notes.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,
It could be an older error than linked to 6.4.0 version, but the German SdKfz 10/5 counter (the partially armored ht which came with VotG) has no TCA change possibility.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,
It could be an older error than linked to 6.4.0 version, but the German SdKfz 10/5 counter (the partially armored ht which came with VotG) has no TCA change possibility.
I 'think' the counter should be drawn as Open-Topped as well.

Also...the "Ammo Trailer" (CTRL-U) right-click option does not remove the trailer...or update the B# or MP.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Re: #4 and #5 above, it appears like the REAL issue is that there are two locations for the same vehicle...

Axis O/B...German...Veh...ht... SdKfz 10/4 and SdKfz 10/5 exhibit these behaviors.
Axis O/B...German...Veh...SPA...AAht... SdKfz 10/4 and SdKfz 10/5 do not.

Removing the trailer does seem like a one-way operation...nuisance item that should probably get cleaned up.

If you guys can validate that the second units are the correct units, the log and fix the true error to be the bad/extra counter in Veh...ht

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I've posted this elsewhere but I guess it doesn't hurt to repeat:

The Russian GAZ-4M-AA truck (Russian Vehicle Note 43) is a vehicle with an AAMG as its MA (and only armament). For some reason the counter has a TCA available to it; TCA is irrelevant to AAMG -- the vehicle does not have a turret.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
By chance while getting some bicycle counters out of the "white" tray today, I saw that the Ahkio sled is missing a counter border. When it is on top of anything white, it shows only the print. Move it to a non-white surface will show a white square, but without any edge or 3D-ness that other counters have.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
I can only hope that you are looking into the Japanese Crew problem:
Under the Japanese Squad column, you can have a Fanatic Inf. Crew, a Fanatic Vehicle Crew, a Berserk and/or a Fanatic Crew with the BFP Airborne Infantry (?) Crew.

Under the Japanese HS column, you can have a Berserk and/or Fanatic Infantry Crew, a Berserk and/or Fanatic Vehicle Crew, a Berserk and/or Fanatic BFP Airborne crew, but you can only have a Fanatic BFP (?) Crew.

What gives? This is a problem that has been around for a while.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I can only hope that you are looking into the Japanese Crew problem:
Under the Japanese Squad column, you can have a Fanatic Inf. Crew, a Fanatic Vehicle Crew, a Berserk and/or a Fanatic Crew with the BFP Airborne Infantry (?) Crew.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "under the Japanese Squad column" but I think you're referring to the counter tray? If I open the counter tray, I don't see any Fanatics....

SQ.png

Or perhaps you are referring to the context menu? In which case I believe some Japanese counter have an extra trait on their counters which gives them an extra Heat of Battle menu. I haven't gotten any confirmation from my colleagues yet but I think I have found the root cause. https://github.com/vasl-developers/vasl/issues/407

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "under the Japanese Squad column" but I think you're referring to the counter tray? If I open the counter tray, I don't see any Fanatics....

View attachment 2268

Or perhaps you are referring to the context menu? In which case I believe some Japanese counter have an extra trait on their counters which gives them an extra Heat of Battle menu. I haven't gotten any confirmation from my colleagues yet but I think I have found the root cause. https://github.com/vasl-developers/vasl/issues/407
Correct, sir - I am referring to the Japanese Squad/HS counters in the counter tray, and the discrepancies in each. I don't know if you include the BFP counters, and I trust the Crew counters in the "Squad" tray have not been overlooked.

Crossing my fingers over here that you have found the solution for this problem, so I can finish updating my PTO scenarios.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Correct, sir - I am referring to the Japanese Squad/HS counters in the counter tray, and the discrepancies in each. I don't know if you include the BFP counters, and I trust the Crew counters in the "Squad" tray have not been overlooked.
OK, can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Either I'm being really dense but I'm just not seeing what you are describing with respect to anything Fanatic in the counter tray.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The HOB context menus for Japanese crews are screwed up. "Berserk" should never be an option for any type of crew (from any nationality). (If you were playing some weird scenario where berserk crews were allowed by SSR, then you can always use the Berserk counter from the Unit > Inf > HoB tray. I don't know if any such scenarios even exist.)

Crews can't become Fanatic via HOB, but there are plenty of scenarios that can grant Fanatic status via other methods, so the HOB > Fanatic context menu option is simply a convenience.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the menu item is issue 407 already linked. If that is what Maxwelk1 is talking about then dropping the extra menu is *probably* all I will do but someone else might decide to go further.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The "British" (actually Free French for this purpose) MG/MTR counter tray is missing the M2(a) [60mm MTR] (French Ordnance Note 22). (The French 60mm MTR counter in British colours will do in a pinch, of course, but the counter values are slightly different.)

Similarly, the M1(a) [81mm MTR] also appears to be missing from the British trays (both MG/MTR and Gun).

(Note that the physical British-coloured US MTR counters are supplied in WoA/FKaC, not CdG.)

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the menu item is issue 407 already linked. If that is what Maxwelk1 is talking about then dropping the extra menu is *probably* all I will do but someone else might decide to go further.
That IS what I'm talking about. Thx.