Tell MMP you want New Boards

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evan,

It will not be called an 'action pack,' but look for something similar within next 4 months or so from HoB.

You will likey.

:lol:

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TankDawg said:
Evan,

It will not be called an 'action pack,' but look for something similar within next 4 months or so from HoB.

You will likey.

Jeff,
That's sounds cool. I enjoyed the Orsha stuff. The problem for me is that I am not a fan of campaign games. It's exciting to hear HOB will release an "action pack" type product. Too bad it wont' be ready for ASLOK. I'd like to have some cool nwew stuff to play.

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But we WILL have a release for ASLOK. Announcement coming soon.

and it is NOT a campaign game. And dont forget to check out FireFights! They are a hoot!

da priest

Reaction score
TankDawg said:
But we WILL have a release for ASLOK. Announcement coming soon.

and it is NOT a campaign game. And dont forget to check out FireFights! They are a hoot!
But will they be another "variant"? MG crews indeed!!! :evil:

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whats the matter with the forum interface, oldtimer? :)

its like 95% of other forums.

And hopefully the new product will have lots of SSRs that add realism while not slowing down play. :lol:

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
da priest wrote
But will they be another "variant"? MG crews indeed!!!
No 8)
Just "standard" ASL, only limited to a specific theater. A nice pack....focussing on a specific unit......
:D NO, it is NOT SS :D
I hate to tease you all this way.... :wink:
But really, I can't tell you any more.... I'm soooooooo terribly sorry :wink:
Ciao

Klaus, today I feel sadistic :wink:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klaus Fischer said:
I hate to tease you all this way....
But really, I can't tell you any more
I know what it is, but I ain't telling either.

G

I thought I had posted this before.

Yes, I would love new boards. Boards for Russia, boards for Normandy, boards for Sicily, port boards, ummmm how about boards like they have at the Map Cabal....a nice big hill one....etc etc etc......

MMP if you make it, we will pay and play.....

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wait until you guys see the boards in the Korean module. Very nice.

Want hills? You'll get'em!

:D

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, it's the fickle nature of the ASL player than makes the public relations challenge so much fun for me at MMP. :twisted:

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm sure that the Korean maps will be available separately to satisfy your urges, Mark. Have you considered turning your talents to map design in the interim?

schizuki

Recruit
Reaction score
If you have access to Quark, making your own boards is fun 'n' easy. Just for sh*ts and giggles, I play around with it sometimes at work (I justify it by calling it "training", and I've actually learned a lot. No, really.)

Made a nifty little railyard with RB-size hexes. There ain't much you can't cut, paste, and jpeg from the overlays and boards.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just out of interest are any of the Korean maps showing the imjin river?
Or are any of the scenarios dealing with the 'Glorious Glosters'? :)

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
for those who may want to know..

Korean boards: 4 'quad-hill' boards - designed together to look Korean-like, but independently designed to have somewhat specific themes to each board including Spurs, Pocket, Ridge, Hill. Each board has hill-like terrain which is rugged, jagged, fairly devoid of vegitation. Each board can be used with any of the other boards in the system as well as with any ASL board (at least along one short and one long side). Although not as a primary design goal, all 4 may be simultaneously placed (long side) back to back and (one short side) side by side to form in effect a large, 4 board hill mass. In various positions, they can also form valleys and long ridges. Helpful too for non-Korean places like Italy, Balkans, PTO, etc.. There are no river boards, but a river board can be placed in-between them in order to maximize the number of happy faces out there :)

da priest

Reaction score
petros said:

Korean boards: 4 'quad-hill' boards - ... Each board can be used with any of the other boards in the system as well as with any ASL board (at least along one short and one long side). ...:)
Hmmm.. any way they could be used with the HOB "Hill" boards? :?:

FrankH.

Reaction score
petros said:

Korean boards: 4 'quad-hill' boards - designed together to look Korean-like, but independently designed to have somewhat specific themes to each board including Spurs, Pocket, Ridge, Hill. Each board has hill-like terrain which is rugged, jagged, fairly devoid of vegitation. Each board can be used with any of the other boards in the system as well as with any ASL board (at least along one short and one long side). Although not as a primary design goal, all 4 may be simultaneously placed (long side) back to back and (one short side) side by side to form in effect a large, 4 board hill mass. In various positions, they can also form valleys and long ridges. Helpful too for non-Korean places like Italy, Balkans, PTO, etc.. There are no river boards, but a river board can be placed in-between them in order to maximize the number of happy faces out there :)
Sounds interesting. :D I can see some amazing trench networks on one side of those hills already. Anybody seen Pork Chop Hill recently? :wink:

I suppose a SSR could have all the hill levels inverted as a large gentle level -1 depression, which is also often mostly devoid of terrain except for brush and the like. That might work for........a few places.......like (Anzio?).......or (The Carentan Peninsula and Holland?)...... or even (parts of the Qattara Depression). :p

Well don't let those ideas distract you too much.......

Besides, I am sure they have already been considered. :wink:

Frank H.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Frank says:
'I suppose a SSR could have all the hill levels inverted as a large gentle level -1 depression
Well don't let those ideas distract you too much.......
Besides, I am sure they have already been considered'

:shock: Good lord man - invert the terrain...it doesn't so much distract me as it gives me vertigo. No, I hadn't even thought a bit about it. The terrain Levels and features will probably be too busy to permit an easy level -1 I think but I like your style Frank. I fear that there are too many engineering minded guys out there who have a difficult time 'imagining' that terrain should behave in a way different than explained in the rules... :wink: