Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Past two days my three favorite Star Trek Next Generation episodes:

The Royale
Cause and Effect
The Next Phase
All three are good ones, though I always wondered why they could phase through bulkheads but not the deck. (Like my Navy lingo there, Action?)

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I started watching RAISED BY WOLVES by Ridley Scott. It has nothing to do with wolves, by the way. It is good sci-fi so far, four episodes in.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
All three are good ones, though I always wondered why they could phase through bulkheads but not the deck. (Like my Navy lingo there, Action?)
Lol! Same reason you can hear sounds in space?.

Aye matey you'll fit right in at the scuttlebutt. Now go grab us some joe and 50 feet of waterline!??

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Music is Win, it’s actually a YouTube channel I sub too, it’s awesome.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I tried one episode of "Dark Crystal". I didn't like it (my wife neither), but I cannot remember why.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I tried one episode of "Dark Crystal". I didn't like it (my wife neither), but I cannot remember why.
Depending on what you like I can reccomend a 7% solution of:

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes for old school.

All Creatures Great and Small for warm and fuzzy and funny. Btw I tear up a lot watching this. Watch this with your wife.

Cutthroat Kitchen for culinary funny reality that has me yelling at the competitors because they are not playing the game correctly. The Cone Ranger episode if you want to see Dave Ginnard's son.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The video series not the movie. Hilarious sci fi.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Utopia, on Prime is impressive for its body count in the first episode. Story is interesting too.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
New Tricks. I've watched the series a few times but it's been some years since I last saw it. Good stuff. IMO the Brits do a much better job with crime dramas than the U.S. does. Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, Midsomer Murders. All well worth watching.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hell Below. I caught this series on The Smithsonian Channel. It is about submarine warfare in WW2. The quality is very good. The episodes use a good combination of archival footage, re-enactments and CGI or some equivalent. Each episode tends to focus on one submarine or one submarine commander, but not always. There is some repetition in each episode, like always explaining about depth charges. From playing Atlantic Storm, I learned something extra about Atlantic convoys and submarine warfare that I had not known before and these episodes touch on all the little things that I learned playing Atlantic storm.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was this scene in a movie or TV show and two friends were walking down the street when this robber appeared and demanded their money. The one friend said to the other “remember that twenty bucks I owe you ? Here it is.” The robber pointed his gun and said “Loan him the money back !” Then he took their money. Lol

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
There was this scene in a movie or TV show and two friends were walking down the street when this robber appeared and demanded their money. The one friend said to the other “remember that twenty bucks I owe you ? Here it is.” The robber pointed his gun and said “Loan him the money back !” Then he took their money. Lol
Reminds me of the story of Jesse James or someone similar who would rob the banker riding back to town after collecting the poor farmer's mortgages. Probably apocryphal but a good story.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reminds me of the story of Jesse James or someone similar who would rob the banker riding back to town after collecting the poor farmer's mortgages. Probably apocryphal but a good story.
It’s something George Costanza would do.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is hilarious, if you like it half as much as I did you’ll have a good laugh.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spoiler alert for ancient movie
Here’s one of my favorite movie scenes from a cool movie. Bogie surprises us and plays the heel, Jingle balls, lol.
If you see somebody get wrongly accused of something say “Then there was the Strawberries...”

Last edited:

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Better Call Saul final season -- it was very cool seeing an extended scene at one of my village's best New Mexican restaurants. Played many a game there with my kids while waiting for breakfast.

Also seeing the Albuquerque Country Club, where I've been to many estate planning professional events....