Television: What shows are you currently watching?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sad to say Counting Cars and binge watching it to boot. I used to watch Top Gear, UK and US. Like nice cars, just don't want one, winter and Ohio roads would kill it. Love a manual transmission. The wife has driven a manual her whole life.

Last edited:

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Silicon Valley is our current binge. We've been thru a lot of shows these past months.

I started my own private run of Mad Men. I do this every year.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There are so many Sopranos clips on YouTube I feel like I've seen the series 3 times over.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My wife and I just binge watched Suits. Never saw them before. Entertaining IMO. -- jim

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Started watching Midsomer Murders (a British murder mystery series with 12 seasons) and the Canadian series Murdoch Mysteries.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Past two days my three favorite Star Trek Next Generation episodes:

The Royale
Cause and Effect
The Next Phase

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
A different sci-fi series available on Prime: Tales From The Loop.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
The Expanse, after hearing too many good things to ignore. Getting towards the end of season 2.

So far, I'm not disappointed. As close to hard SF as you're likely to get on a TV series, and an outstanding setting. The plots are good, writing very good, and acting decent. The characters are pretty good. I like Amos. Still waiting for a couple characters to come into their own.

For those who haven't seen it, it's set ap. 250 years in the future. Earth and one or more colonies on Luna are all under 1 UN govt. Mars has it's own government, and is militaristic. Similar to Japan, they maintain a formidable navy and isolationist nationalism, as they strive to make their planet green. Then there is the OPA, the outer-planets-alliance, which is probably the most interesting. It is a loose confederation of asteroid miners (belters) that live on low-G stations and mine the asteroid belt, as well as colonists on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. The belt provides resources for Earth and Mars, and belters are dependent on Earth and Mars for water and the air they breathe. Mars and Earth are in a cold war with each other, that heats up due to events over the course of the episodes. Both exploit the belters and take them for granted, and the belters resent it. Rebellion foments in the belt. It's a complex and fascinating future history and world situation, and very well done.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just ran across this:
You can see Rob with Tony and Andy with Tony but never Rob, Andy and Tony. Lol, good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: T34

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
All Creatures Great and Small

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Watched all of both of these before, tend to do that.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Chernobyl. (not the Hot Tub Timemachine energy dring)

HOLY SHIT. That was some scary stuff.
When I enlisted in 1971 nuclear power was seen as the path to future. By the end of the decade no new nuclear power plants were being built in the U.S. IIRC. Amazing potential with two big problems. What to do with the waste and when things go wrong the consequences are enormous.

Revolutionized the submarine service though.