Television: What shows are you currently watching?

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Ozark, Season 2. Halfway. Starting to get tiring. How many different plot complications can the writers come up with?
Yep, first series was excellent, second one is pedestrian and stumbling. I’m watching The Good Place and Our Girl on BBC I player via VPN, plus trying to finish Shooter . Loved The Expanse and Altered Carbon.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
House of Cards, Season 6. Fyi, there are only 8 episodes.

Just finished Season 1 of The Americans. I don't know how this can be sustained over 7 seasons. I should start a body count.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Just this week the Elseworlds trilogy on the CW a crazy mashup of not only the Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl series, but elements, music, backgrounds and actors dating back to earlier DC inspired series going back to 1990!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Just finished Season 1 of The Americans. I don't know how this can be sustained over 7 seasons. I should start a body count.
Yeah, I tapped out in the 2nd season. Just couldn't have had all those bodies and no suspicion (and i know it's make believe :)). I don't know, just not my cup of tea.

The Man in the High Castle was pretty good & Mr. Robot.

There are quite a few good shows on Netflix & Amazon Prime.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I have long given up on TV and just bought a small number of TV DVD issues like Sherlock Holmes (1990s), BSG, Luther and GoT over the past decade or so. However intrigued by Youtube clips, I bought the 4 seasons of Banshee.

I have just finished Season 1. Extremely bloody and violent with so much dark side. What saves it for me is that the events are so over the top that I can watch with a clear conscience. I can enjoy the thrills and gore with a sufficient mental "unreality check". I guess I'm getting soft in my old age. It's got its share of comedic relief and classic tropes and characters, skilfully updated. Overall I can recommend it. 4 stars out of 5 so far.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Recently watched the first season of "Line of Duty" on Netflix. It is a British police drama where the regular cast is part of an anti-corruption unit (or internal affairs in the U.S.). It is well acted and reasonably well written, but I was disappointed with the ending of the first season. What they wrote in the epilogue could have made several episodes on its own. We are starting the second season.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Which platform is the Americans on? I started watching when it was broadcast and then it seemed like they moved the thing two or three times into different slots.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
"Chernobyl" HBO Miniseries. I think it's strongly based on Svetlana Alexievich's reportage, "Chernobyl prayer".

Very dark and apocalyptic. Slow paced and yet intense. Physical and metaphysical, 10 out of 10.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been fascinated with "Chernobyl". I'm convinced that the Soviet Union in 1986 IRL looked like it was shot on grainy, faded 16mm film stock. I've listened to the accompanying podcast and read several twitter streams from Soviet emigres who say that the tone and details are absolutely spot on.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
F-1 The Drive to Survive on Netflix. An fascinating documentary on the people, personalities, cars, technologies, big business and big money of Formula 1 racing. I generally have little interest in racing, but this was an education. Extremely well done; amazing video production. The friends I have recommended this to have all come back with rave reviews. Turn the volume up to 11 on this one.