Television: What shows are you currently watching?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
War of the World's Season One. Wish season two were available. The rethinking of the war of 1953 so there could be a sequel was brilliant.

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After the finale of the Star Wars Rebels series, which I liked very much, I went to Netflix to start plowing through the Clone Wars animated series with my son. We're just over 1/2 way through season two. Good so far. I like the old school episodic/serial intros.

I've also been watching some season 1 and 2 Batman the Animated Series from the 90s (not with my son ... he's way too young for that one). Damn that's a good show. I remember watching vcr recordings of that every week when I was in college.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Counterpart on Starz - very good. Elements of Fringe to it.
I'm watching Counterpart on Crave TV now. I've seen three episodes; it is a tough show to follow because of the dopplegangers everywhere and because the writers are very slowly letting the viewer learn about the two worlds.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Instinct. A variation on the private-eye police drama with a lead male in a gay relationship.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm watching Counterpart on Crave TV now. I've seen three episodes; it is a tough show to follow because of the dopplegangers everywhere and because the writers are very slowly letting the viewer learn about the two worlds.
A good deal of why I liked it so much was the Cold War feel to it added to the setting of Berlin. Always up for an Alternative History Timeline thing as well.

Other one am really enjoying and glad to see it will be around for a while now is "The Expanse", probably ticks past BSG now on my favorite list. Started reading the first book as well - pretty good, helps flesh out some of the world setting the show doesn't have time to do.

Magicx

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Currently there is the drought of the show, now I watch Westworld, Expanse and I discovered Revolution yesterday - not bad either

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I tried the reboot of Lost In Space. I liked a lot of the new story bits the writers introduced that were beyond the original. The special effects were quite decent. The average episode plot, however, was not good. It seemed written for children with little knowledge of how things work.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished Ray Donovan. Pretty good. John Voight is terrific and funny. The last season was so-so. New season to start in Aug-Sep.

Binging on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Very fun watch.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Watched two episodes of Westworld and trying to decide whether to keep going. Does it improve?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Watched two episodes of Westworld and trying to decide whether to keep going. Does it improve?
After two seasons, I am giving it up. The writers try too hard to keep the viewers guessing what is going on. The whole first season has two timelines running at the same time, but I didn’t figure that out until late in the season. I think season two might have had three timelines going.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Salvation. I am watching the second season. The main idea is attractive to me: that of an asteroid heading for a collision with earth. I find the story line a bit annoying, however, because the writers concoct a political story to complicate things.