Television: what shows are you currently watching?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I gave the "Sons of Anarchy" a try but quit after three episodes. I had little sympathy for the main charecters so doidn't care what happened to them. Maybe I'm just too far away from such life, both geographically and culturally.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I gave the "Sons of Anarchy" a try but quit after three episodes. I had little sympathy for the main characters so doidn't care what happened to them. Maybe I'm just too far away from such life, both geographically and culturally.
No, I think that's one of the problems with the show. The main characters richly deserve to be punished for all the heinous stuff they've inflicted on others, but they always seem to get away with it. It's hard to identify with people who've made a choice to be career criminals and celebrate violence and drugs as a way of life.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
add my vote to Life On Mars (the British version) and Californication. LoM was too short. Not currently watching any TV series or show unless you count stopping to gawk as I walk through the room when my wife and daugther are watching America's Next Top Model; a show I refer to as America's Next Top Ten Toys.

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alot of Miami Vice... You know, MASH... Oh.. What else? Um... The A-Team along with Cheers...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Caught a bit of X factor that my daughter was watching. I could cope with the performance even though she was clearly flat, but when NONE of the judges commented on this and all praised her for "making the dong her own". What is the point?

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sons of Anarchy - for the really well done Shakespearean dynamic between Jax and Clay. and man- did it just get revved up to the next gear in the last episode.

Boardwalk Empire
- for the cool Roaring twenties vibe and the whole gangster thing.

And Walking Dead for the zombies.

Can't wait until spring and Clash of Kings - Book II of the Game of Thrones series (surpised you didn't like it, Scott).

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been watching Star Wars The Clone Wars off and on. The recent episodes about the Umbara campaign are awesome... enjoy.
[video=youtube;CpKIyWkPqio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKIyWkPqio[/video]

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Being home sick has allowed me to catch up on Leverage, Burn Notice, American Hoggers and Big Bang Theory. Next up...Grimm

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My son has introduced the series Firefly to me. It's good enough to hold my interest.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Saw this for the first time last week.
Slightly fresh, but could get old quickly.

Yep. I just recently watched it for the first time too. I have a friend who really likes it. It is funny but agree it could get old after awhile and maybe even get on one's nerves. I'll likely watch it every now and then.

WGuthrie

Recruit
Reaction score
I'm following Grey's Anatomy, it's getting more and more intrigiung:) Too bad I now have to wait till January to watch the next episode...

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm watching Boardwalk Empire and wishing they hadn't canceled Deadwood, which was far better than this schlock horror drivel.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a response to trevor, all tastes are different - but I was blown away by the last two episodes of Season 2 of Boardwalk. I think the writers on this show have more balls than anyone else on TV at the moment - and they have pretty much eanred my loyalty going forward. Powerful and surprising stuff.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm getting more int The Big Bang Theory. I watched about 10 episodes this weekend. Great writing and acting on this one.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished the first season of Farscape and really liked the show. I'm looking forward to the next couple seasons.