Tech Support!

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
Hello, I just reinstalled ren off of the CD (recently upgraded from Xp to Windows 7)

My original install on XP was updated to the 102 patch and no issues ( never saw the need to update to 103 as the notes at HPS inidcates only needed for Nvidia users experiencing problems.)
(btw I use an Nvidia card prior and now)

So I re installed and grabbed the 103 patch. 2 things:
1) appears mouse wheel zoom support is available in 103? Certainly isnt in 102

2) with the 103 version everything was fine BUT at max 3d view all the limbered artillery and wagons are invisible...

I checked the maps folder and there is a BMP file for the larger 3d view for wgaons/limbered artillery...

I also checked the files in both patches and they appear to be all there, the only differnce is the exe has a different create date...

So I d/l 102 and installed ontop of 103 and now the units are available in 3d max view but gone is the mouse wheel support..

Hate to be greedy but I would love to have the features of 103 (plus are there other features im missing out on??, after all mouse wheel zoom isnt documented at all for 103)
AND see all the pretty units :)

Cheers!

Edit: and while Im here another issue: this one has to do with the editor ground conditions. Is there no suppport for winter or fozen terrain in 3d mode?? I made a scenaio and when I change to those types the map gets all screwed up (like its trying to superimpose another map on top... Works fine in 2d though) (this is with patch 102...)

Last edited:

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
Tumbleweeds, tumbleweeds... :)

Oh btw, it appears 3d snow graphics were simply just forgotten about in REN, I snagged the 3d graphics from one of my Nap game and just plopped em into Ren and no issues. So if you want to have your tercios fighting in the snow its possible.... (organic 3d snow graphics should be added though in an official patch methinks though)

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Wiltman, your best bet would be to contact either support at hpssims dot com or support at johntillersoftware dot com - this forum here is not set up to provide users with tech support for any of the Tiller titles.

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear that the Snow graphics in Nap work in REN. Thanks for confirming that. Maybe in a future update John Tiller will include that folder.