Team Murray

Dogma One

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Mox!

I like your AAR!

Something I have to remember, know your enemy - Sun Tzu, Art of War.

For example, I didn't know that I did "eliminate" sole unit that have thermal sight in the South Flank!

Its part of "fog of war" I guess.

Keep it going, Mox!

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great AAR Mox. Explaining one's thinking really helps observers to understand what the screen shots are showing them.

Did you figure out that direct fire TRPs are not the same as indirect fire TRPs?

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
GCoyote said:
Great AAR Mox. Explaining one's thinking really helps observers to understand what the screen shots are showing them.

Did you figure out that direct fire TRPs are not the same as indirect fire TRPs?
Thanks!

I wondered about the lengthy delay (1 or 2 minutes, can't remember which) I got when I used "shift to TRP", so when the game was just about over, I finally read the chapter on artillery in the manual. Maybe I should read it once more, can't remember anything about direct vs. indirect TRP's, unless that's the same as on-map vs. off-map artillery?

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Dogma One said:
For example, I didn't know that I did "eliminate" sole unit that have thermal sight in the South Flank!

Its part of "fog of war" I guess.
Yep - it really is a lot easier when you have 20-20 hindsight :)

The point I was making was just that if blue has local superiority he may be able to defeat red's thermal sight units at the decisive point, thus being able to advance in cover of smoke and (hopefully) relatively safe for artillery. I think that must be the best way for blue to close in on red's position for this scenario.

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TRPs

MrMox said:
Thanks!

I wondered about the lengthy delay (1 or 2 minutes, can't remember which) I got when I used "shift to TRP", so when the game was just about over, I finally read the chapter on artillery in the manual. Maybe I should read it once more, can't remember anything about direct vs. indirect TRP's, unless that's the same as on-map vs. off-map artillery?
The delay for RED artillery is a game default setting meant to reflect Warsaw Pact type units of the late '80s and less capable third world militaries. It is normally 1 minute longer than BLUE's artillery response time which reflects higher levels of automation. You can change it during set up by agreement with your opponent.

On and Off map Artillery units can use the same indirect fire TRPs. Indirect fire TRPs can only be accessed through the Indirect Fire control or the Artillery Support item from the Orders menu.

The DFTRP control at the bottom left of the standard unit orders window is for setting a direct fire TRP that only applies to that specific unit. An on map artillery unit can have both indirect and direct fire TRPs.

So did I clear things up or create more confusion? :hmmm:

Rattler

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
good AAR!

My take on the scenario is that Blue can well win, but will have to do some good and careful recon first and then to act on the findings (e.g. with eventual air or arty in supressive role). The trick is to use the whole time the orders allwo for completing the mission.