Team Murray Redux

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Once again Dogma One and I PBEM'ed the Team Murray scenario, this time with Dogma as red and me as blue.
The resulting AAR can be found at http://mikaelnygaard.dk/games/tacops/aar/index.htm (together with a little movie of the battle - been reading too many TOAW3 AAR's and having too much time on my hands I guess :)).

Dogma One

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool movie! How do that? I would like to add it to your AAR, so others can see mine.

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Dogma One said:
Cool movie! How do that? I would like to add it to your AAR, so others can see mine.
The movie is made by taking a screenshot after each combat round and putting these together as an animated gif. I did it with Macromedia Fireworks, but free tools also exist, e.g. http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1173.

Just send me some screen shots and I'd be happy to include them in the AAR, or host an animated gif.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MrMox said:
The movie is made by taking a screenshot after each combat round and putting these together as an animated gif.
Have you tried the "Game Replay" feature that is built into TacOps?

If not, try clicking on the button labeled "Game Replay" in the game startup/setup window.

pmaidhof

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH said:
try clicking on the button labeled "Game Replay" in the game startup/setup window.
And if there is any further question, please see the TacOps Replay/Movie Feature "sticky" toward the top of the "TacOps Main Forum" for MajorH's explicit instructions to those of us who just don't get it, or forget it quickly after supposedly getting it. ;)

Last edited:

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice work gentlemen! The great ranges of ATGMs have been the bain of more than one attacker. Against a modern mechanized enemy, mortars will generally need to be positioned someplace out of sight.

Some questions for Blue:
*Why wasn't check point #1 about 1km farther east?
*Why were the 60mm mortars in the woods?

For Red, could we see your setup?

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
GCoyote said:
I was worried that red might be able to spot me if I went the extra distance, and either hit me with an ATGM or later shell me in the forest. At that stage I was very (and perhaps overly?) concerned with arty and ATGM. Also I wanted red to think that I might be approaching in the south, so I didn't want to risk him seeing my units to the north.

They were riding in an APC that was hit, so they got dumped there. However I did start to use them after that so perhaps a bit of luck really :)

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
MajorH said:
Have you tried the "Game Replay" feature that is built into TacOps?
Yes, I have been experimenting a bit with it. Very cool and very superior to the animated gif approach :thumup: The gif was more of an experiment, since I had seen how well it works for TOAW.

Dogma One

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GCoyote said:
Nice work gentlemen! The great ranges of ATGMs have been the bain of more than one attacker. Against a modern mechanized enemy, mortars will generally need to be positioned someplace out of sight.

Some questions for Blue:

For Red, could we see your setup?

Here it is:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try resizing it. If your pasting it via the print screen key try saving as jpeg vs bmp. I used to be able to right click and resize pictures....don't know what happened to that handy feature. I can always resize the image with a paint program though.....just more mouse clicks and time.

MrMox

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Considering the position of the center red ATGM unit, I wonder why it didn't fire? There must have been both tanks and APC's in its sights at relavitely close range. Maybe suppression (can't remember if I put down some arty at its position, but I doubt it) or it was positioned just a bit to far east to have LOS out of the woods?

Dogma One

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That got me somewhat confused & don't understand why it didn't fire, even it have a thermal sight.

Bug?

So, I decided to put one ATGM unit in north, and one ATGM in south in order to create a "lethal" cross-fire w/ATGMs. Yet ATGM units failed to halt his advance.

Dogma One

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting....

Now that's something I have to think about or remember about whenever I play against other opponent via PBEM or LAN