Teaching Newbies about Tanks and SPG's

Cabin4clw

Reaction score
First name
Joe
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

I'm back into ASL after a number of years away and I'd like to teach some friends and my daughter about using vehicles. Is there an easy way to do that w/o making their eyes glass over? I know the ASLSK will be doing a vehicle one some day but I really don't want to wait that long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

The best way I think to teach about vehicles is to start out with just ATG's and arty pieces. This way, they get the basics down on how ordance works.

But if your really intent on teaching armor rules, T2 Puma Prowls is a great scenario to learn off of. Its just Armor. Or G14 Tiger Tiger one of my personal favorates. Both scenarios came from the general BTW.

Scott

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
cabin4clw said:
Hi,

Is there an easy way to do that w/o making their eyes glass over?
Yeah, do a rumble. Give them each a tank (and all the same kind), like your basic Sherman, throw out a couple of boards and have them drive around and shoot at each other. Last one alive wins.

They'll learn the mechanics of movement, all the various TH mods and with the occasional smoke or multiple hits or motion attempt or whatever else they'll get to exercise, in a fun way, lots of the vehicle rules.

Then do it again with different vehicles to emphasize various strengths and weakness: big guns, open top, gyros, ROF and whatever else.

Maybe not the most historically accurate game they'll ever play, I promise they'll have more fun doing that than trying to plod through an all armor scenario like Puma Prowls.