TCA/VCA Case A DRM's for motion attempt

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey All,

When an AFV declares a motion attempt and is successful it can change the covered arc. The motion rules say "freely" change CA. If the AFV defensive fires later does it pay the TCA and/or VCA DRM's? I am thinking no but my opponent is tracking the DRM's in order to decide whether to move where I can shoot at him. It is a PBEM game so I am hoping ya'll can answer this before I need to finish the log. Thanks.

Mike

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
It does not pay the modifiers for changing CAs upon a successful Motion attempt (one of the reasons for the word "freely"). It does, however, now pay the price for being in Motion (Case C4)...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
CA change DRM only apply if the CA change is made as part of the attack per C5.12. If a CA changes but not as part of an attack, that CA change does not apply, except for vehicles when the CA changes for one weapon will cascade into attacks by other weapons as per D3.51.

JR

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your question was answered.... can I offer a piece of tactical advice you may or may not need:

With motion dont just consider the numbers in this turn, but the likely situation in the next turn. Motion carries the penalty of not being able to prep fire....so motion ends up penalizing both your dff and your next player turn's fire.

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is true Pyth. Unfortunately my poorly handled tank is more interested in survival rather than offensive action.

Mike