Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Task_System_Guide

I'm not seeing the point of this, other than it is something you can't buy your way into from the LOTRO store, a good thing, but for those faithful that have levelled past 53, they are frozen out of it (bad).

I guess it appeals to those that like grinding.

I suppose you can still buy your way into it through the auction house.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
My mistake.

(5) Players can increase the daily limit for tasks up to a maximum of 15 by purchasing this feature up to 5 times from the LOTRO Store, and by completing the five task-related deeds.
(6) Players may reset the current daily task counter to zero up to five times a day by purchasing a LOTRO Store item. (The counter normally resets at 3 AM server time.)
Grade A grinders really wanting the special cloaks will have to, I guess, buy that ability in the LOTRO store. What a surprise.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, it prevent some grind on rep later but I still find the task system to be hugely annoying. Just the fact that boards don't say which level they are. And that with the leveling speed there.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the announcement for the Guide & thought- who cares, and it wasn't that important.

The whole Task idea is not hard to grasp if you just read the task board- although there’s NO mention of rewards for completing X-number of tasks. Almost 100% of dropped items in the game now carry the red "can be turned in for task rewards" label- it's irritating. :(

The only worthwhile point of doing a task is to help gain Reputation points. Gaining more EXP as noted just throws you out of the area faster closing down quests. As far as getting special cloaks or items, I never bother to check what anyone is wearing any more or how they got it, I just figure they bought it in the store.

On a side store note- I just won another lotto… and received 50 drinks of accelerated EXP for Legendary Items- who knew? (Of course you can only get them thru store) But 50? Really, does a player need 50 anything especially to accelerate getting more EXP? They’re stored in my vault & I haven’t used 1. I like winning anyway & hope I eventually get something game-worthy.

I still don't understand why Turbine is trying to push players to level faster to the end instead of slowing you down in hopes you'll buy more stuff from the store.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you sure you're answering in the right threads?

Edit- "beat" is a driveby troll... please ignore.

Last edited: