Tarawa

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The problem with the Olive Drab is that it is a very dark shade of olive drab, so much so that black is not the best color to use for counter information. It would have been better to have used white for the counter information with that shade of green, just as CH uses white on its black SS counters. That is what a number of other wargames do. I'd provide an example, but the website no longer seems to allow the posting of images.
Couldn't agree more. White on olive was how I wanted the Marines in the first place. But for now black on olive will have to suffice. Knowing Ray he will catch onto peoples desire for white on olive counters and will release those too....out of the goodness of his heart of course! ;)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mega maps are a luxury too far. 1" hexes suit me fine. Glad to see the module is about to be released.
yes, the Max space in my office where I can lay down boards is about 5 or 6 8" x 22". Maybe a paper map here or there. I was able to lay down two of the four Festung Budapest maps recently. But one that size would get my little friends (counters) in danger of outside destruction from my wife and daughters. I have limited space for something that big nor the time to hash out a battle that I find average and uninspiring. Plus, I really loathe the map panels. :)