Tarawa

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think he's refering to this post:
yep, what we're talking about....

looks like most of the taxiway and the lagoon side revetments, the copra loading pier and warehouses, and the Island Command Bunker, along with about 80% of Red Beach Three and about half of Black Beach one, including the "step" are missing.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yep, what we're talking about....

looks like most of the taxiway and the lagoon side revetments, the copra loading pier and warehouses, and the Island Command Bunker, along with about 80% of Red Beach Three and about half of Black Beach one, including the "step" are missing.
Ok, my map isn't missing any parts. The one in the picture is. What does that have to do with me?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, my map isn't missing any parts. The one in the picture is. What does that have to do with me?
misunderstood humour... you said a 50% discount. The picture was a 50% missing. so as I said above , people now know which 50% you'll be getting a discount on... :D

bis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are you talking about dude?
OK, I assume you didn't click on the link in post 27.
Nice picture of the map with what looks like about 2 or 3 map panels missing right out of the middle.
Kind of strange to post a picture of the map with missing map panels.

bis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hongkongwargamer posted a photo of the Critical Hit Tarawa map in post #27 that he said came from Facebook.
I am not on the ASL facebook page so I don't know who originally posted that picture.
No one said you posted it.
But that picture of the map ( that most of us do not own but of which we are talking) has missing map panels.
You write "no missing map panels" 11 posts later.
If it wasn't clear that that was the map we were all talking about,
then it wasn't clear that you were referring to your own map.
Sorry for the confusion.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hongkongwargamer posted a photo of the Critical Hit Tarawa map in post #27 that he said came from Facebook.
I am not on the ASL facebook page so I don't know who originally posted that picture.
No one said you posted it.
But that picture of the map ( that most of us do not own but of which we are talking) has missing map panels.
You write "no missing map panels" 11 posts later.
If it wasn't clear that that was the map we were all talking about,
then it wasn't clear that you were referring to your own map.
Sorry for the confusion.
That's Cool!

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That map is just way too big. Where you going to lay that monster down? Guess Ray believes bigger is better.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That map is just way too big. Where you going to lay that monster down? Guess Ray believes bigger is better.
I don't know, it doesn't seem much larger than MMPs BR:T map all laid out. Certainly smaller than War Oboe's Sword Beach. Smaller than Berlin in any incarnation, probably around the size of Breskins Pocket.

Now HoB's original BRT was smaller, but it stopped at the Pier and left the bottom half of the island off.

KRL, Jon H

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have the original Tarawa CG why would I waste more money to get the same one again............Pacific stuff does not appeal to me.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know, it doesn't seem much larger than MMPs BR:T map all laid out. Certainly smaller than War Oboe's Sword Beach. Smaller than Berlin in any incarnation, probably around the size of Breskins Pocket.

Now HoB's original BRT was smaller, but it stopped at the Pier and left the bottom half of the island off.

KRL, Jon H
I think it i too big. I can't get up and down of the floor anymore. I do remember back in the day when I laid out all the mounted boards from SL, COI, COB and GI and had monster game on the floor of my childhood bedroom. Ain't like that no more.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it i too big. I can't get up and down of the floor anymore. I do remember back in the day when I laid out all the mounted boards from SL, COI, COB and GI and had monster game on the floor of my childhood bedroom. Ain't like that no more.
back in the day ,my ASL buddy and I built a custom gaming table to hold the entire Red Barricades map under plexi. Nothing fancy, just 2 x 4s and 3/4 " plywood, with hinged cover plywood storage poxes for the accoutrements like dice and tweezers - and screwed on car bottle / cup holders for the beer bottles one on each side.

It sat high enough off the ground that one required a bar stool size chair for quarterbacking the assault on Stalingrad to see/ reach appropriately.

I rather imagine that with sufficient space, I might be able to construct a similar device for low cost and a minimal investment of time that would fit BR:T , Stoumont, La Gleize, Berlin, or even this monstrosity. ( :) )

if it was gonna be " fancy" well that ups the time and cost. But hey, its all of a good cause, right?
;)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
back in the day ,my ASL buddy and I built a custom gaming table to hold the entire Red Barricades map under plexi. Nothing fancy, just 2 x 4s and 3/4 " plywood, with hinged cover plywood storage poxes for the accoutrements like dice and tweezers - and screwed on car bottle / cup holders for the beer bottles one on each side.

It sat high enough off the ground that one required a bar stool size chair for quarterbacking the assault on Stalingrad to see/ reach appropriately.

I rather imagine that with sufficient space, I might be able to construct a similar device for low cost and a minimal investment of time that would fit BR:T , Stoumont, La Gleize, Berlin, or even this monstrosity. ( :) )

if it was gonna be " fancy" well that ups the time and cost. But hey, its all of a good cause, right?
;)
definitely a good cause.