TAP 1 Balkan Suicide OB question (A25.11)

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting ready to try Total Axis Pack #1 Balkan Suicide this weekend. I am the German defenders, and a question came up about their OB:

True or False: All the German units in the OB are Wehrmacht, except for the (8) 4-6-8 squads, which are specified as SS due to SSR 3.

I think that this is true, but I'm not certain because this unit's parent formation is listed as "Elements of 4th SS Police Division."

According to A25.11:

"Any weapon/AFV identified in a scenario Order of Battle as belonging to a SS formation has its Depletion Numbers increased by one due to being Elite (C8.2)."

This suggests that not just the German 4-6-8's, but also the vehicles, guns, and SW's listed on this card are SS (or at least have SS depletion numbers).

But the four 4-4-7 squads, the three crews, and the four leaders (3 infantry and 1 armor) are apparently Wehrmacht....??

Any help deciphering this would be appreciated. :)

--Sven

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My guess would be that A25.11 applies to Depletion Numbers, and only the 4-6-8s have Broken Morale increased by one (and can do nasty SS stuff to prisoners etc).

WallysWrld

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I would treat entire OOB as A25.11 (When facing Russians: not subject to surrender nor A19.12 disruption. Weapon/AFV depletion numbers increased by one.), then apply the SSR3 to only have the 4-6-8s have broken morale increased by one. Note: Per A25.11, SMCs/Crews do not have broken morale increased by one.

My thinking is the 4-4-7s are still SS in uniform/structure/organization, however, the Scenario has them represent SS squads adversely affected by prior events/attrition (perhaps formerly 4-6-8s that suffered ELR replacement (A19.13) down to effectively 4-4-7s) but would otherwise still behave as SS and not surrender to Russians/etc.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We played it that everything was Wehrmacht except for the 4-6-8's.

Thanks!