Tactiques Hedge & RR Overlays from Coastal Fortress

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Recently picked up the free down load stuff at VFTT website and got the overlays from the old Tactiques stuff.

Just playing with Hexdraw and thought about using that to VASLize the above for my use at least.

Saw Tuomo's post in the just active Hexdraw - but the link for detailed VASL mapmaking defunct - its old.

The driver is the scenario TAC 48 Trapped about Roncey and the 2nd SS/Paras trying to escape through 4ID/2AD - uses almost all those hedge overlays.

There enough in that basic post to get from A to B and produce an overlay?

First use would be just for doing a set-up privately - had a lot of use just now looking at scenarios that way.

Don't know what the "terrain" would be like legally to make that available if successful.

What would that be, anybody know?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The Tactiques hedge (from ASL Journal 4) and railroad (from Doomed Battalions) overlays were reprinted by MMP -- so just use the official versions.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Tactiques hedge (from ASL Journal 4) and railroad (from Doomed Battalions) overlays were reprinted by MMP -- so just use the official versions.
Shows how bad my memory is - thanks.

Ever played this one?

Interested based on reading the Hell on Wheels unit history.

Just read bocage, but would read it again before playing this.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I've not played TAC48, although the original Tactiques English translation uses the title Caught in the Trap (CFGG called it Trapped in their translation). It looks meaty. ROAR has only 3 playings (all German wins) which is too small a number to tell you anything.

Bocage is really pretty straight-forward as long as you're paying attention to who does, and does not, have Wall Advantage at any particular point.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've not played TAC48, although the original Tactiques English translation uses the title Caught in the Trap (CFGG called it Trapped in their translation). It looks meaty. ROAR has only 3 playings (all German wins) which is too small a number to tell you anything.

Bocage is really pretty straight-forward as long as you're paying attention to who does, and does not, have Wall Advantage at any particular point.
I saw that too. I got it set-up in VASL thanks to your help. Should have placed the hedge overlays first and then done terrain conversion so there's a mix.
I think looking at it it would be reasonable to give the US balance, bringing in the reinforcements on turn 4 instead of 5.

Right on the bocage - the uber skulking character should help the Americans - help them in a "reverse slope" defense to avoid getting wiped in 1st turn point-blank and make the German walk into that.

Did you notice the set-up is simultaneous - like those couple of old East Front Michael Klautky scenarios?

I want to play a similar situation soon as well: SP 109 Olboeter's Escape.