TacOps4 Installation Error -5009

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A customer just reported getting a "Error -5009" alert while trying to install the download purchase version of TacOps4. He also reported having this error while trying to reinstall the TacOps4 demo.

An Internet search on "Error -5009" suggested the following three step fix.

Step 1: Locate the InstallShield folder on your hard drive. It can usually be found at the following location. C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield.
Then change the name of that folder to "InstallShieldOld". This will cause a new InstallShield folder to be created the next time that the TacOps installer is run.

Step 2: Then shut down and restart your computer.

Step 3: Then run the TacOps4 installer, which should be the file that you downloaded from Battlefront.com.

Please let me know if this does or does not work.

Please note that "InstallShield" is a standard Windows installation assistance program that has been produced by the InstallShield Company for many years. This program is just an installation support program, it has nothing to do with copy protection or eLicensing. The InstallShield Company has apparently inadvertently introduced incompatibilities between some older versions of its installer engine and some newer versions of its installer engine. It is likely that some software that you installed recently introduced a flawed version of the InstallShield program.

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MajorH,
Give me a shout when/if this is no longer an issue and I'll unstick it.