TacOps v406AD Patch Available [WW2 Mod #4]

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TacOps v406_AD update patches have been uploaded to the following support site.

http://www.tacops.us/support/

The Windows patch is titled "TacOps_406ADu.zip".

The Macintosh patch is titled "TacOps_406ADu.sit".

If you do not see those file names then hit the "Refresh" button on your web browser.

A. Download and then Unzip or Unstuff the patch file for your OS.

B. Then read and carefully follow the instructions contained in the file "Instructions & Copyright.txt". This is not an auto installer. You must manually copy/move each file from the patch folder to a precise location in your TacOps4 folder - so as to replace any files or folders of the same name.

This patch is only for the retail editions of TacOps v403 through v406AC. Do not apply this patch package to TacOps v3.x or to any military version of TacOps - permanent damage will result. This patch is comprehensive for TacOps v403 through v406AC so there is no need to retain or install any previous patch.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
A minimal (3 meg) version of the TacOps v406AD update is also available
for the convenience of users who have already applied the previous v406AC patch.
http://www.tacops.us/support/
The Windows minimal patch is titled "TacOps_406ADu_Short.zip".
The Macintosh minimal patch is titled "TacOps_406ADu _Short.sit".
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Below are the changes that have been made to the TacOps4
program since v406AC (the last official release).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

v406AD

User request. Added the following WWII unit types:

GM Gun AT SP 47mm PzJg
GM Gun AT SP 75mm Marder II
GM Gun AT SP 88mm Nashorn.
GM Howitzer SP 105mm Wespe
GM Howitzer SP 150mm Hummel
GM Howitzer SP 150mm SIG33
RU RECV BA32/10M (Armored Car),
RU RECV BA64 (Armored Car).
RU Gun AT SP SU85
RU Gun AT SP SU100
RU Howitzer SP SU122
RU Howitzer SP SU152
RU Howitzer SP ISU152.
UK Gun AT SP 40mm 2pdr Portee.
US APC LVT1
US APC LVT2
US APC LVT4
US APC LVT(A)2,
US DUKW 353.
US Gun AT SP 75mm M3.
US Gun SP 37mm LVTA1
US Gun SP 75mm LVTA4.
US Howitzer 75mm Pack
US Howitzer SP 75mm Pack.
US Howitzer SP 105mm M3
US Howitzer SP 105mm M7

User request. Revised all WW2 direct fire weapons data base entries so that useful range ends at 10% ph vice 5% ph.

User request. Unit types with organic dozer blades now display the words "Dozer blade" in the unit info window and in the unit data base window.

User request. Changed the name of unit type "JP Tank Type 94 Tankette" to "JP RECV Type 94 Tankette" and changed its wire box map symbol to armored reconnaissance.

User request. When the program reports that units have exited the map, the game no longer pauses until the player manually closes an alert window. That information is now shown transiently in the info line at the bottom of the map window. The info window will blink for about three seconds to highlight this report. Also, the unit map exit alert is now not shown to opposing players. In multiplayer games, the unit map exit alert will be shown to the owning player, to the umpire, and to spectators.

Added a date for a unit type's year of initial operational capability (IOC) to the Unit Information window, the Unit Data Base window, and the Add One Unit window. At present the unit data base contains IOC dates for only a minority of unit types (mainly WWII items).

Bug fix. When firing indirect fire, on map arty units were wrongly much less likely to be spotted by opposing units (with a legal line of sight) than when they or similar unit types were firing direct fire.

Bug fix. The RU SU57 was wrongly equipped with a 76mm gun instead of a 57mm gun.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This update brings us to 184 WW2 unit types and a bit deeper into 1943.

The USMC LVTs were a real pain to research. :argh:

Jeff Gilbert

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And again, I thank you ... along with quite a few others, I'm sure.

Now, is it time to let the Scenario Editor out of the closet? :whist:

Last edited:

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LVT had a ramp and could carry a 1/4 ton 4x4 with 37mm Gun Carriage; or a 57mm Gun Carriage; or a 75mm gun carriage; or a 105mm gun carriage. Is it possible to enable the LVT to load such units? Many thanks for the additions too by the way. I especially like the DUKW. I'll have to find a picture of me riding on the one my grandpa's buddy owns in Christmas parades when I was a kid and post it in off topic. Fun memories.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
dhuffjr said:
LVT had a ramp and could carry a 1/4 ton 4x4 with 37mm Gun Carriage; or a 57mm Gun Carriage; or a 75mm gun carriage; or a 105mm gun carriage. Is it possible to enable the LVT to load such units?
Too hard to do in v4 - for now.