TacOps useful links

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If anyone has some links to other TacOps websites, post them here. Some of the members may not have heard of them and might find it useful. A short desription wouldn't hurt either.

switch_back

Reaction score
Country
ll
There is a site which seems to be the Majors base of operations is www.battlefront.com you can pick up some useful information on TacOps from the forum in this website, also patches and updates for the game can also be aquired here.

Anyone wishing to purchse this game can also find it here for a reasonoble price too ;)

Hope this helps

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/

Although on a Battlefront server, this is a fan run site with an extensive collection of TacOps related odds and ends.

There is also a semi-public TacOps mailing list. I don't do much in the way of publicizing the list so finding out how to subscribe to it is a sort of initial test for membership. :)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I guess there aren't too many TacOps links eh? I'm about to add TacOps to our links section, but I need some links first!

India 51B

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Don

Thanks to your post yesterday I decided to have a look at TacOps. I downloaded the demo and wow, what fun, and finally a wargame that simulates arty fire realistically. Having to fire adjusting rounds first to ensure it is on target etc. Being an ex Mortar Fire Controller (MFC) in the British Army it has always somewhat annoyed me that arty and mortar fire hasn'r really been simulated properly. Anyway, that's not all that's good about this game, the whole concept is, even if the graphics look a little dated that doesn't matter, it's the gameplay that counts, and on the strength of a couple of hours having fun with the demo I have ordered my copy from Battlefront today. So once again, the forums here find me another good game to play :)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Good deal. As more wargamers hear about what we are doing here in the military simulations section, more players will come here and contribute. As more players begin to contribute this section will get more and more interesting.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The links page has been updated. It now includes a link to Rattler's TacOps page.