Tables x5 and x5a

Mr Segundas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
When would you use table "x5a AT Gun". The example in the rules (1st edition) under 5.761 states that a Gun is generated using table x5, using the inside column for 1941. The die roll in the example (DR=5), indicates that a 75* INF Gun is generated for an inside Location on tabel x5, however the example states that a 45L AT is generated, which would be the case if using table x5a, which the example doesn't mention.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I t
When would you use table "x5a AT Gun". The example in the rules (1st edition) under 5.761 states that a Gun is generated using table x5, using the inside column for 1941. The die roll in the example (DR=5), indicates that a 75* INF Gun is generated for an inside Location on tabel x5, however the example states that a 45L AT is generated, which would be the case if using table x5a, which the example doesn't mention.
I think that was just a mistake in the example.

Mr Segundas

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Do you know when you would use the "x5a AT Gun" table instead of the "x5 Gun" table when finding out what Gun type to activate?

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you know when you would use the "x5a AT Gun" table instead of the "x5 Gun" table when finding out what Gun type to activate?
Only when instructed by a random event, or for additional at start forces for the friendly units. You might also use it in third party produced missions. But in the original missions, you always use the regular gun table.
That being said, when I play, I have a house rule that says when a gun is activated due to a friendly AFV, I roll an additional dr and on a 1or 2 I roll for an AT gun instead. I also use the long range activation S5.32 with AFVs, but instead of a HMG, I roll for an AT gun.