T4 Shklov's Labors Lost

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I played a wacky game of T4 "Shklov's Labors Lost" yesterday against my friend Gordon. I was Russian. Gordon decided right off the bat to laugh at probability and, first, immediately ran out of smoke from his StuGs; then he began a whole string of rolling low with everything else, somewhat punishing my forces, who despite their high morale were not super interested in sticking around in the face of such well-aimed FP. The flip side was that Gordon was continuously triggering the Russian Sniper, who was not sleeping that day. By the end of Turn 1 he had killed the German 9-2 and eliminated the German sniper. By the end of Turn 2 he had killed the German 10-3. By the end of Turn 3 he had killed the German 8-1 (the sole remaining German leader), although that guy was tough -- the Sniper had to hit him twice to put him down. The Russians were also unusually (for me) quite keen in their CC attacks -- eliminating 4 German squads and both StuGs by the end of Turn 4 with no casualties in return. It wasn't all fun for the Russians -- all of those "4s" Gordon was rolling were smashing me left and right. The Russian 10-3 and several squads were dead as a result.

Still, by the end of Turn 4, with no leaders, half of his remaining squads broken and still several buildings left to capture, Gordon threw in the towel. T4 is a very meat-and-potatoes sort of scenario and ordinarily I would expect it to produce a meat-and-potatoes kind of result. This game was just insane!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the All Time Great Classics! Just crazy things happen with this scenario. I once saw a neophyte drive his malfe'd MA StuG into a building, rubble the location & created falling/spreading rubble that totally wiped out a 3 hex Russian strongpoint including the Commissar & the HMG! Played it at least four times myself and would gladly play it again! That sniper IS a bugger!:cool::thumbsup: