T2 - The Puma Prowls

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've just finished writing an AAR for a recent PBEM ladder game I played with Bob Eury. We both wanted to learn how to play AFV's and so "T2 - The Puma Prowls" was our first attempt.

I'd upload it here directly, except it's over the upload limit for Word file on account of the VASL screenshots and converting it to PDF only tripled the file size! I guess Acrobat doesn't handle image compression very well! :nuts: So I've just uploaded it to my own website instead. Here's the link:

AAR - T2 "The Puma Prowls" (Word Doc - 323 kb)

Cheers,
Reepicheep

Last edited:

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now, that's a timely AAR. I've just started T2 with someone in Italy, and am going through it again in Tom's tutorial.

This should come in real handy to help me see what a real game is about.

Thankee!

ToxicShock

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Reepicheep said:
I'd upload it here directly, except it's over the upload limit for Word file on account of the VASL screenshots and converting it to PDF only tripled the file size! I guess Acrobat doesn't handle image compression very well! :nuts: So I've just uploaded it to my own website instead.
A suggestion. Have you tried to UL it as a text file? What about a VASL logfile?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ToxicShock said:
A suggestion. Have you tried to UL it as a text file? What about a VASL logfile?
No, I didn't try that. I figured the upload file size limit wouldn't be any less for a text file. And I also don't have a complete VASL logfile because it was played by email... to stitch the individual logfiles together would be quite a project I think. Plus, there would be lots of discussion Bob and I had about TH and TK DRM's which I don't think would be particularly interesting.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Andrew Tuline said:
Now, that's a timely AAR. I've just started T2 with someone in Italy, and am going through it again in Tom's tutorial.

This should come in real handy to help me see what a real game is about.
It's a great learning scenario for AFV. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!

And I hope it comes in handy. We're going to be finishing our reverse game shortly as well (when I took the Russians and Bob took the Germans). It's a tight battle, down to one PSW vs. two T-70's, but one T-70 has malfunctioned its MA and so can't count for exit points.

I'm thinking I might write a short article about the things I learnt after I finish that game if there's any interest. You know, the blind leading the blind! Just some comments on rules sections we encountered, things we learnt along the way, mistakes we'd try not to repeat next time and so forth.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
I've just finished writing an AAR for a recent PBEM ladder game I played with Bob Eury. We both wanted to learn how to play AFV's and so "T2 - The Puma Prowls" was our first attempt.

I'd upload it here directly, except it's over the upload limit for Word file on account of the VASL screenshots and converting it to PDF only tripled the file size! I guess Acrobat doesn't handle image compression very well! :nuts: So I've just uploaded it to my own website instead. Here's the link:

Cheers,
Reepicheep
AARs like this should be sent to the Section Leader for posting on the main ASL AAR page. http://www.warfarehq.com/after_action_reports/asl_aar/asl_aar.shtml

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Don Maddox said:
AARs like this should be sent to the Section Leader for posting on the main ASL AAR page.
Why is that, Don? Isn't it easier to, at least initially, upload them onto our own webspace? The Section Leader could then save the file from there... it's just I'm a bit hesitant about sending large files by email. Wouldn't want to clog up someone's inbox with a large file especially if they have a slow dialup connection...

da priest

Reaction score
Forumites,

Forgot the year on this scenario...before '43?

Didn't see any newbie complaints about radioless limits on those russian tanks---did you guys do the platoon movement thing?

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
da priest said:
Forgot the year on this scenario...before '43?

Didn't see any newbie complaints about radioless limits on those russian tanks---did you guys do the platoon movement thing?
It's set 28 June 1944, so platoon movement isn't required as, per vehicle note C, Russians have radios from '43 onwards.