T-H heroes

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Toastmastergord said:
Howdy,
May a T-H hero with a DC attack infantry that stumbles into it's LOS?
A TH hero with a DC is a DC Hero. A DC Hero may designate its target as any enemy unit/gun/fortification. It may not enter (voluntarily) another enemy unit's location unless it is ADJACENT to the target location. See G1.423ff.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see how a DC hero could attack someone who "stumbled into its LOS," because that would seem to imply the DC hero already existed during the enemy movement phase (like a HIP Tank Hunter Hero). But my recollection is that you cannot make a DC hero during setup the way you can with a T-H Hero.

For a DC hero, I think you can only create it during your own movement phase.

ASLgord

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
pitman said:
I don't see how a DC hero could attack someone who "stumbled into its LOS," because that would seem to imply the DC hero already existed during the enemy movement phase (like a HIP Tank Hunter Hero). But my recollection is that you cannot make a DC hero during setup the way you can with a T-H Hero.

For a DC hero, I think you can only create it during your own movement phase.
Ok, now I'm wondering if I've done something illegal. G1.422 allows me to create TH heros and set them up HIP. In my OB I was given 3xDC which I gave to the HIP TH's that I created. I couldn't find anything in the rules that disallowed this.

The actual situation is this. My opponent has moved a stack of units ADJACENT to my HIPster at the end of his Aph. However, he's not in a fortified location so I take it I can't attack him (I'm just reading that now).

Thanks

Gord

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Toastmastergord said:
Ok, now I'm wondering if I've done something illegal. G1.422 allows me to create TH heros and set them up HIP. In my OB I was given 3xDC which I gave to the HIP TH's that I created. I couldn't find anything in the rules that disallowed this.
Yes, you did set up illegally. It is not very clear, but if you read G1.423 it says that a TH hero may not posses any SW and then gives a couple of exceptions. One of the exceptions is if a DC is transferred to it.