Swedish Volunteers?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Apologies Phil - too late :( Ordered from MMP....................only because they appeared to be the only ones selling it...........
No need to apologize - you bought from MMP. He said, that he will try to lay hands upon some for loyal customers, didn't he? ?

[My apologies, Joe, no harm meant. But I just couldn't let this pun go...]

von Marwitz

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I think I’ll just continue to use the white ones!!
Ditto. Even if they do get removed at the end of the Rally Phase, they're better than halfway between French and German. Highly disappointed in the new ones, wish they'd used yellow lettering or done something to make them interesting.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Even if they do get removed at the end of the Rally Phase, they're better than halfway between French and German.
Don't be too disappointed. You can always use them as Skorzeny's troops in Operation Greif in the Battle of the Bulge and start a fight about who may move them: By color, they could be German, but what of the omnimpresent French 'Résistance'? On the other hand, they are made in the US. If you don't understand what's going on, then maybe because they talk Swedish... ;)

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
How many Swedes actually volunteered during WWII and what was their impact? Curious about this and what comes next. Mexican volunteers??

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
How many Swedes actually volunteered during WWII and what was their impact? Curious about this and what comes next. Mexican volunteers??
Btw not trying to minimize Mexico's contributions to the Allied war effort. I realize thousands of Mexicans did volunteer and serve in the U.S. armed forces and the Aztec Eagles flew alongside U.S. pilots in the Pacific.

Just wondering where it becomes too chromified.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Apologies Phil - too late :( Ordered from MMP....................only because they appeared to be the only ones selling it...........
Likewise, ordered from MMP, didn't want to risk losing out, sorry
but I did get the ROMA pack and BOF2 from you at least

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just got mine in the mail today. I think the colour of the Swedish counters is perfect. I liked the historical write-up as part of Chapter Z as well. Very nice little action pack. And by happy coincidence I had just enough open slots in my Finnish counter tray to house them all.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just got mine in the mail today. I think the colour of the Swedish counters is perfect. I liked the historical write-up as part of Chapter Z as well. Very nice little action pack. And by happy coincidence I had just enough open slots in my Finnish counter tray to house them all.
That's cool, I'm hoping to have enough space in my Finns box to put them in there too, not so sure about the colour though but I guess I'll get used to it

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ditto. Even if they do get removed at the end of the Rally Phase, they're better than halfway between French and German. Highly disappointed in the new ones, wish they'd used yellow lettering or done something to make them interesting.
This would have provided for a more distinctive set IMO as well. Looking at those Swede/Norwegian scenarios vs German actions in Norway 1940 (in the pack) I'll use the white Swede counters.