Swedish Fish

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any word on Swedish Volunteers? I know it was to come out this year but...? Just asking.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Apparently when the SV materials were sent to MMP the included gift tin of surströmming was accidentally dropped and burst. Residents within a couple of miles had to be evacuated. The environmental clean-up is still ongoing, exacerbated by recent storms spreading the smell.

Last edited:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are they doing anything to it or just reprinting it as is?

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
From what I understand, it will be a "reprinting" but at MMP ASL standards. (Counters, Scenario Cards, etc.)

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So those of us that own SV probably won't need to purchase another one? Not that I won't. :D

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My guess would be that (if needed for balance) there might be some updates to the scenarios.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Go to the Desperation Morale site, then click PUBLISHERS, then look for SWEDISH VOLOUNTERES and click that. Click on the READ REVIEW and enjoy!

MMP may want to spice it up a little with a few more gun crews, MMC and SWs. I mean no ATRs, no light MTRs? Maybe they will get more 5/8 counters too. @ ATGs, 2 HOW and a MTR just seem a bit stingy. MMP should design a new wood land board for this product too. One scenario requires the placement of 10 overlays on a single board! Overall the review is very positive and puts the original product in a good light. Hope it comes out soon!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't share your enthusiasm.
I already have Swedish Volunteers and I wouldn't like the massive transformation that you seem to wish - including a new map.
As if the original designers didn't do a good job...

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't share your enthusiasm.
I already have Swedish Volunteers and I wouldn't like the massive transformation that you seem to wish - including a new map.
As if the original designers didn't do a good job...
Don't be such a stinker Swift. MMP will put its mark on this Module just like it did with BRT and ABtF. If they just went with the original design then we can expect the 1/2in gun counter in SotN when it comes out. As far as maps go MMP is already considering a new desert map to replace that God awful huge half board desert ridge overlay.
Secondly, I never said the original designers did a poor job and neither did the author that critiqued this module.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, do you need to insult me because I don't agree with you?
I don't think that we can debate further under those conditions.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It would suffice if y'all would calm down and focus more on the Swedish Volunteers rather than on sensitivities... ;)

Peace,
von Marwitz

Last edited:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, do you need to insult me because I don't agree with you?
I don't think that we can debate further under those conditions.
For somebody that is known to have a biting nature on these forums, and believe me I've read many responses by you that were not very nice, you have extremely, and I mean extremely thin skin. He called you a "stinker." Is that even an insult? Suck it up, nobody feels sorry for you for being called a stinker. It would literally be like me being offended if somebody called me a rascal. I think our mom's said it best when they told us don't dish it out if you can't take it.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
... but then - who cares about Swedish Volunteers in a thread about Swedish Volunteers?

IIRC those were the counters blue on white?
If so, I dunno, I think a better color combination for the counters would be nice.

von Marwitz

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the blue on white. The only thing I'd worry about is them getting dirty.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
they are going to have to change the Background colour. Counters with a white background have a specific meaning and place in ASL : see rule A.12
Yes, It would violate a basic premise of the rules & am with you and would certainly hope NOT to see these units represented on a white counter background (a poor choice initially to say the least).