Swedish Fish

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
having said as much, their relatively brief time in combat in WW-II, and comparatively limited impact vis-s-vis potential or given ASL scenario development
I would just say that Polish forces saw action in WW2 actually much longer than many others. Yes, Poland was occupied in 1939 but their forces fought as part of the allied armies throughout the war and I believe in all 3 branches. Lest we forget the 1st Para brigade under Major General Gene Hackman (um maybe Stanislaw Sosabowski) during the Market Garden operation. I don't know if they require different counters since they were allied armed and I can't say that I know much about their organization (if different from the larger commands they served in). I think there was service on the Eastern Front too but I cannot say with any authority there.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I would just say that Polish forces saw action in WW2 actually much longer than many others. Yes, Poland was occupied in 1939 but their forces fought as part of the allied armies throughout the war and I believe in all 3 branches. Lest we forget the 1st Para brigade under Major General Gene Hackman (um maybe Stanislaw Sosabowski) during the Market Garden operation. I don't know if they require different counters since they were allied armed and I can't say that I know much about their organization (if different from the larger commands they served in). I think there was service on the Eastern Front too but I cannot say with any authority there.

When are we going to get the OoB for Luxembourg and Denmark?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These variants are a bit too colorful for my taste. I would prefer only two basic colors.

von Marwitz
Yes, I'm slowly converting all my counters to just Light Blue (Allies) and Pink (Axis) with black images/lettering, as this seems to alleviate all consternation about nationality differences or potential implied meanings not to mention it makes them much more adaptable. The hitch here is for the forces that change sides during the war, but that's a minor inconvenience and a boon to the prospect of selling additional counter sheets.:nod::p