Sustained fire question.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
Can a squad fire it's inherent FP after firing an MG as sustained fire? A 9.3 seems to indicate that after firing sustained fire, the MG is marked with a final fire counter, which would leave the squad free to final fire if it so chooses. What am I missing?
Thanks

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
Can a squad fire it's inherent FP after firing an MG as sustained fire? A 9.3 seems to indicate that after firing sustained fire, the MG is marked with a final fire counter, which would leave the squad free to final fire if it so chooses. What am I missing?
Thanks
Your answer is found in A8.3 SUBSEQUENT FIRST FIRE (go figure:rolleyes:), "If a unit, or any SW/Gun it possesses, uses Subsequent First Fire (or Intensive Fire) then that unit and all its SW/Guns are marked with a Final Fire counter.J6". Sometimes we overlook the obvious (too often for myself). However to reply to your question it may still use a form of Final Fire but not during the DFPh, FINAL PROTECTIVE FIRE if circumstances permit.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Ordinarily if you use sustained fire with a MG, you throw the inherent in too, because everything is going to be marked with Final Fire whether you do or not. Of course it might not make any difference because of range or because of fire table rounding, but what the hey. About the only time you would be careful is if you are subject to ammo shortage.

JR

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ordinarily if you use sustained fire with a MG, you throw the inherent in too, because everything is going to be marked with Final Fire whether you do or not. Of course it might not make any difference because of range or because of fire table rounding, but what the hey. About the only time you would be careful is if you are subject to ammo shortage.

JR
I just got confused because in the sustained fire rule it states that the weapon is marked with FF counter.