Supporting Fire 2021 November 19-21

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
We are as of today 22 preregistered players, which is an all time high for us this early. Awesome! 🥳

We have updated the Covid section with the following info:
These are our regulations regarding the ongoing pandemic (updated 2021-08-26).​
We follow the guidelines from The Publich Health Agency of Sweden. In short this is:​

• No more than 300 persons in the same area.
  • It’s voluntarly to wear mask.
  • If you are sick, stay home.
  • If you ar a foreigner you need a Covid Pass to enter Sweden.
Furthermore, there’s plenty of soap and disinfection at the club, and we encourage you to wash and disinfect your hands as often as possible. Instead of shaking hands do a fistbump and use your own dice. Be a gentlemen as we are used to, and use common sense.​
As someone pointed out this means that there may be Swedish attendees that aren't vaccinated. This is how we handle these situations in Sweden (basically it's up to the citizens). If that's good or bad is another discussion.

Please visit https://supportingfire.com for more information! :)

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
As someone pointed out this means that there may be Swedish attendees that aren't vaccinated. This is how we handle these situations in Sweden (basically it's up to the citizens). If that's good or bad is another discussion.​
Please reduce the number of preregistered players by 21 by removing me.

It is of course up to individual event organizers also in Sweden to set requirements on who may attend an event. It is your choice NOT to require that attendees are vaccinated or show a recent test result. It is my choice not to attend (or at least await an improved COVID situation in Sweden).

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Please reduce the number of preregistered players by 21 by removing me.

It is of course up to individual event organizers also in Sweden to set requirements on who may attend an event. It is your choice NOT to require that attendees are vaccinated or show a recent test result. It is my choice not to attend (or at least await an improved COVID situation in Sweden).
I concur. Would be no-go for me too.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Today we updated our Covid regulations, which now reads as follows:

We follow the guidelines from The Publich Health Agency of Sweden. In short this is:
  • No more than 300 persons in the same area.
  • It’s voluntarly to wear mask.
  • If you are sick, stay home.
  • If you ar a foreigner you need a Covid Pass to enter Sweden.
Furthermore, since its optional to get vaccinated, it means there may be attendees on site that will not be vaccinated against Covid. Therefore, we request all attendees that haven’t been vaccinated against Covid, to present a negative Covid-19 test before you enter the tournament. We will provide these tests for free when you arrive.

Please let us know when you register if you aren’t fully vacinated, so we can adjust how many tests we should buy. The test itself is the Boson Covid-19 Antigentest.

With this arrangement we believe that all attendees can feel as safe as possible while playing our favorite game!

And of course, there’s plenty of soap and disinfection at the club, and we encourage you to wash and disinfect your hands as often as possible. Instead of shaking hands do a fistbump and use your own dice. Be a gentlemen as we are used to, and use common sense.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Time is passing by and soon it's only one month to Supporting Fire 2021! 🥳

We are currently in full preparation mode with booklets being produced, scenarios playtested and facilities fixed.

One funny twist though...

With 33 registered players so far we have come to the realization that we might run out of space! Therefore, we have decided to only allow for 34 attendees at the moment. If you register after position 34 you will enter as a reserve.

At the same time, this is of course great news! 33 registered players is the biggest tournament in Sweden ever! We are proud and very humble for this fact, and it proves that we are doing something good (in combination with a post Covid ASL hunger, that is). 😜

These are the registered players as of today:
Melvin Falk (Sweden, 2007,9)
Michael Hastrup-Leth (Denmark, 1975,7)
Mattias Bergwall (Sweden, 1798)
Lars Thuring (Sweden, 1781,6)
Ketil Høgenhaug (Norway, 1772,3)
Christoffer Peyre (Sweden, 1730,6)
Jim Bishop (USA, 1714,4)
Mikko Lukkari (Finland, 1699,2)
Stefan Fiedler (Sweden, 1685,8)
Hans Bugge (Norway, 1639)
Jens Thomander (Sweden, 1629,6)
Tomas Davidsson (Sweden, 1598,4)
Svante Sandblom (Sweden, 1596,1)
Martin Yngerskog (Sweden, 1589,9)
Michal Sedlacko (Slovakia, 1571,4)
Derek Ward (Denmark, 1547)
Timo Kärnä (Finland, 1537,2)
Ola Nygårds (Sweden, 1535,5)
Thomas Harjo (Norway, 1522)
Fredrik Scheuer (Sweden, 1510,5)
Magnus Rimvall (Sweden, 1509,3)
Jacob Elmqvist (Sweden, 1500)
Matts Dagerhäll (Sweden, 1493)
Andreas Larsson (Sweden, 1488,1)
Robert Maglica (Sweden, 1466,9)
Daniel Qvarfordt (Sweden, 1452,6)
Gustav Lidemyr (Sweden, 1450,8)
Martin Kristensen (Denmark, 1421,1)
Christian Lindberg (Sweden, 1391,1)
Asad Rustum (Sweden, 1382,4)
Lars Olsson (Sweden, 1368,2)
Anders Olsson (Sweden, 1320,3)
Martin Björkhem (Sweden, 1294,9)
For more info, see https://www.supportingfire.com

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
so what happened at the tournament?
I will ease some of the tension by revealing that I didn’t win it! 😀
Many thanks to Andreas and the other Round Directors for yet another fantastic weekend of fun and cardboard mayhem. And many thanks as well to my five opponents who were all great to play!

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would like to thank you all for attending Supporting Fire 2021!

Only two days after the tournament I got a severe case of mancold (tested Covid, negative), and was away for more than a week. Now I’m up again but still coughing and not 100% back. Hence this info is a little bit late.

Congratulations again to Mr Falk for winning and to Lars Olsson for at least having a good time. 😊
In the final between Melvin and Svante, it looked really good for Svante. Then Melvin showed his skill in this game and rolled a snakeyes in a Close Combat, just when he needed it. You just love this game, don’t you? 😜

I hope you had fun as always, we certainly did! We will be back next year, November 18-20, and I hope to see you all there!

Here are the final standings:

1. Melvin Falk, 5 - 0​
2. Svante Sandblom, 4 - 1​
3. Christoffer Peyre, 4 - 1​
4. Thomas Harjo, 4 - 1​
5. Mattias Bergwall, 4 - 1​
6. Michael Hastrup-Leth, 3 - 2​
7. Timo Kärnä, 3 - 2​
8. Hans Bugge, 3 - 2​
9. Martin Yngerskog, 3 - 2​
10. Magnus Rimvall, 3 - 2​
11. Fredrik Scheuer, 3 - 2​
12. Olav Heie, 3 - 2​
13. Mikko Lukkari, 3 - 2​
14. Christian Lindberg, 3 - 2​
15. Derek Ward, 3 - 2​
16. Robert Maglica, 3 - 1​
17. Jens Thomander, 2 - 3​
18. Tomas Davidsson, 2 - 3​
19. Stefan Fiedler, 2 - 3​
20. Tuomo Lukkari, 2 - 3​
21. Mikael Strand, 2 - 3​
22. Daniel Qvarfordt, 2 - 3​
23. Asad Rustum, 2 - 3​
24. Jim Bishop, 2 - 2​
25. Gustav Lidemyr, 1 - 4​
26. Sami Pelkonen, 1 - 4​
27. Ola Nygårds, 1 - 4​
28. Martin Björkhem, 1 - 4​
29. Martin Kristensen, 1 - 4​
30. Anders Olsson, 1 - 4​
31. Lars Olsson, 0 - 5​

If you have any suggestions for us to be even better, please email me. We listen to all opinions, and if there’s time we do something about it as well. 😄

Have a great Christmas everybody!

/Andreas Carlsson 🤠

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Funny, I got a case of the man-flu on Tuesday after the tournament as well. Still coughing but also C19 negative!
Thanks again for running a brilliant show, fantastic to see so many old friends and some newer ones, and hope to see everyone again next year. 😀