Supporting Fire 2017, November 17–19

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Supporting Fire 2017
November 17–19 in Borås, Sweden!
Will Melvin Falk win this year as well? Will all the Finns attend as usual? Will there be good food, historical presentations and a smörgåsbord of prizes?
There's only one way to know for sure!

It's time to apply for the annual ASL event in Borås, Sweden. Preparations for the tournament are in full progress and we look forward to see you in November!

For more information and registration please visit www.supportingfire.com

Welcome!

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
I'll be there, and so should you!
It's a blind tournament so no need to practice those scenarios 10 times...
:)

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'll be there, and so should you!
It's a blind tournament so no need to practice those scenarios 10 times...
:)
In the very particular Swedish context, I do understand that wish :)

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Just a reminder! In three weeks from now Supporting Fire 2017 will take place, and with 23 registered players we still have room for more!

Don't be shy – Go for Banzai! ...in Borås, November 17–19! ;)

For more information and registration please visit www.supportingfire.com

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Great Tournament, with hidden senario selection and only Japanese scenarios. Although I never got the chance to play with the Japanese :)

Played HC1 the American attacking Marines the first round and wiped out the Japanese to the last man. Interesting scenario, but a set up that didn't cover up the riverside was a mistake I believe.

2nd round Totsugeki was against a new player that played a tactical sound aggresive approach to defeat my Chinese defenders but some early bad luck for the Japs proved to be the tippning point in the end game. Carnage in the jungle and two Guns knockad out.

3rd round BFP51 Me attacking with Americans again with the support of a handful of tank of which two were flamethrowing tanks proved to be very diffucult for the Japanese to deal with. Lost (no tank) only 2-3 Squads and exterminated the Japs, the scenario have balance issues.

4th round, I played the Chinese defender again, in the updated version (add a Jap 447 & LMG) of Shanghai in Flames, I bid Chinese 2, and a tense game started, with the Japanese charging aggresively and some good shooting by the Chinese punished their approach towards the factory, some idiotic Chinese went berserk when all other retreated to the factory-building. There the Chinese made a stand inside and let the Japanese enter the factory, when all hell broke out, point blank Fire and deadly close combat in the end the Chinese just proved to be to many and clear them all out from the factory was not to happen. The MMP update is not good or enough, the right update should be obvious for us that have played this Classic dog since the beginning.

5th round SP95 Burn Gurkha Burn, played the British defender, the scenario take a strange turn at once , the Jap concentrate his force and charge the largest of the 3 Hills, managed to kill one of the Jap elite sq with FT and the other FT x:ed out the first turn, the scenario changed name quickly to Stab Gurkha Stab, Good start I thought to myself but within the two first Game Turns the British lost about 5 squads (mostly Elite) and a lone 8-0 British Officer started to run to the smaller hills and probably wondered how he would explain how his platoon was wiped out on a saké break or Tea break. The Japanese now started to clear out the second hill and all that remained for the British reinforcements were to secure the last hill and only remnants remained from the at start force, the Japanese made a last strong effort to clear the last hill , it could have gone either way but the stabbing by the Japs were over and the Gurkha got the last stabbing victory with their hvy Gurkha knives.

Thanks, we enjoy the Tournament greatly and its special style that is different from any other tournament.

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
it could have gone either way but the stabbing by the Japs were over and the Gurkha got the last stabbing victory with their hvy Gurkha knives.
[/QUOTE
Closed I’ve EVER gotten to beating Mel, and proves that a lot of luck can go a long way, just not quite far enough this time! Next time...

Thanks to Andreas and the other round directors for another fantasy tournament! See you all again next year!