Supply Units?

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
What role or use do these units have? i have a couple as the axis and i dont know whjat to do with them.

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They increase the supply of all hexes within the supply radius by one 'level' to see what I mean, turn on perhex supply levels. away from suply units, rail connected to supply points, and roads close to rail/supply points will have the effective supply level, roads farther out, and plains next to the road/rail hexes will have 75% supply, with progressively less at farther distances, more diffuclt terrain. near a supply unit, open terrain will have the same maximum supply as the roads/rails running trhough it, forrests will have 75% instead of 50%, etc. IF you're completely out of supply a supply unit won't do any good at all.

In addition, cooperating units stacked with or adjacent to a supply unit get 50% more supply, this is independent of the unit being next to an HQ, which has the same effect, or not. Counter intuitively, the base supply level is only 66% of the value shown on the map, so a unit next to a HQ or supply unit will get 100%, one next to both 150% of the stated level. All this modified by the formation supply level ofc.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
They're intended to assist in campaigning in deserts, swamps and other very difficult terrain away from roads and railway lines.