Supplemental map pack

buser333

Reaction score
When I ordered the first map bundle years ago from a TPP they came unfolded. Perhaps they have changed their method of shipping. Or perhaps because the TPP bought in bulk they shipped to them differently.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
When I ordered the first map bundle years ago from a TPP they came unfolded. Perhaps they have changed their method of shipping. Or perhaps because the TPP bought in bulk they shipped to them differently.
It's actually because this bundle comes with two shapes of map (normal and "Fort"), so it's not easy to ship unfolded.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone else find it weird that the supplemental map bundle has been stalled so far short of its P# for awhile?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well - due to the massive postage, I have stopped preordering anything - I haven't even ordered Red Factory. Can't speak for the rest of the world, but I imagine it does have an effect.

I.e. Was asking about a copy of AH Flat Top on EBay yesterday. The game was at an outstanding value of $20. The shipping quote is $68. I walked away.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Anyone else find it weird that the supplemental map bundle has been stalled so far short of its P# for awhile?
In my case, I ordered the first map bundle to switch totally to the new SK style format.
The second bundle is less interesting for me, because I own all the boards (I ordered two Starter Kit boards separately, as I am not investing in that line of products, but the boards occasionally pop up in full ASL scenarios).
I would believe that I am not the only player in that case.

And the shipping costs are crazy, as hkw underlines.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JMO but if you have bought the products that these maps came in, then why would you buy the additional map pack?

Me personally, I only have 1 or 2 person(s) close enough for FtF play so any additional map cost would be a waste of my money. Competing work schedules prohibit almost all FtF play as it is.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JMO but if you have bought the products that these maps came in, then why would you buy the additional map pack?
I ordered it for the same reason I ordered the original map bundle despite owning all the boards in the original products -- because I want a complete set of maps that I just keep in my travel kit (which also gives a back-up in case of damage/loss of a board).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well - due to the massive postage, I have stopped preordering anything - I haven't even ordered Red Factory. Can't speak for the rest of the world, but I imagine it does have an effect.

I.e. Was asking about a copy of AH Flat Top on EBay yesterday. The game was at an outstanding value of $20. The shipping quote is $68. I walked away.
Same here. Shipping is the killer. Luckily, I can 'preorder' via my retailer (Udo Grebe Game Design, UGG) here in Germany who gives preorder discounts. I suppose he in turn then ups the preorders with MMP. Just guesswork, though.

von Marwitz

Last edited: