Supplemental map pack

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
the above has just been put on preorder guys.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got my preorder in. It would be interesting to get a sneak peek at Board 77 that apparently will come in Journal 13.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do appreciate the Son of the map bundle, but I have two sets of maps already. Maybe if they threw in an overlay bundle I might buy it. But really do not need such an item at this time.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
MMP has my full praise for this product as it enables people 'to catch up with geography' when they have missed one or more of the products in which the individual maps originally came or do not want to buy all of them.

In my opinion it is a sign of quality if a company is able or willing to make individual components of a game system available as parts.

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I do appreciate the Son of the map bundle, but I have two sets of maps already. Maybe if they threw in an overlay bundle I might buy it. But really do not need such an item at this time.
In the same boat.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
From my purchasing point of view I have mixed feelings. I have the first map bundle and have all the maps that came with the AP3, reissued cores and SKs, so barring the DTO maps I have duplicates of all 1-52, t-z. As I got duplicates of all the APs and WOs I also have duplicates of the others. So while I think the 2nd map bundle is an excellent idea, I have my doubts about buying one, though I am a sucker and may buy it. The overlay bundle is one I will buy, likely two.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I got all of mine the old fashioned way, so likely won't need to order this, but it's nice to see the coverage available.
I only need a couple of strays and need to save for some major stuff I'm still missing.

caublbil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not that my opinion matters, but I think they need to consider getting a map overlay bundle out as that is from older days, products. If nothing else, at least provide a print and play version of the overlays to new ASL'ers. I don't understand why the double-secret nature around the overlays and their scarcity. They have been a ghost to which I will not entertain chasing and hope that someday they comeback to life in the way of a bundle or product offering. I once heard an interview with Pete Shelling stating that he tries to avoid overlay use unless critical to a scenario design, so have aligned more of my scenario purchasing to his designs for when I hope to make a jump into full ASL. I am still stuck in ASLSK land for now. On a side note, anyone wanting to mail me a set of overlays wouldn't be turned down in exchange for reimbursement of costs. HINT, HINT, ha ha.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Only $120.00 for 40 Geomorphic boards, and 9 of those are double sided, that's one heck of a buy!!!

I'm tempted to get them again too, but I already have them all. No, instead I'm going to do my wallet a big favor and take a cold shower every time the urge becomes serious. I'm being honest with myself this time around, I mean really, how likely is it that I'm going to wear-out the first set? Scott, are you still using your first set of boards? Because I'm pretty sure I will never use mine anywhere near as much as you have. <G>

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I'm tempted to get them again too, but I already have them all. No, instead I'm going to do my wallet a big favor and take a cold shower every time the urge becomes serious.
Just maybe the cost of cold water for numerous showers will exceed that of the map bundle. Just think of it... :D

von Marwitz

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hehe, true. I'm hoping the dressing down part will have enough of an impacted that I keep the water off. :cool:

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a bummer that they'll ship folded, but I ordered two sets anyway. I like to store one copy flat, cut another into half-boards and keep a third for LOS checks.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Unfold them after they land at your place.
Even unfolded, they have the central crease (they are "foldable").
I don't grasp what is the problem here.
Btw, folded maps are easily stored in page protectors and about 40 hold in a binder.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ah, I see.
I use plexiglass anyway, so I don't have the same needs as you, I believe.

pybarrondo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do use plexiglass for multiple map scenarios, or if overlays are involved. I just prefer to store the maps flat, and they're easier to stack and handle if they're not floppy. It's not a huge deal. As I said, it didn't stop me from ordering, and two sets at that. I'd just prefer that they weren't folded.