Supplemental Graphics Modules for the Operational Art of War

General Staff

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
If anyone's interested I posted an article explaining how to install alternative graphics sets for TOAW. It shows how to replace the following graphics with (perhaps) better or more utilitarian versions:

1) Cross hatched railroads- ever wondered whether that main artery on the map was a road or a railroad? Worse, ever trekked a unit over (in the dead of a 1942 winter) to what you thought was a road only to find out it's a railroad and you have no rail transport? Even worse, a Rumanian unit fleeing Russians in a Stalingrad scenario with the Don frozen and the Russians about to cross next turn? Well this should help you out. I know I swear by them now.

2) Airfields & Anchorages- ever spent time hunting for an airfield or anchorage? You may find these graphics easier on the eye.

3) More pronounced major/minor river hexes.

4) Red Major & Yellow Minor roads.

5) New Formation Highlighting- this is red/green as opposed to gold/silver. I find it easier to see what’s where in a formation with this.

6) New Fonts & Modified GUI.

The above are the ones I prefer. But there are also available:

7) For those of you who never clipped your cardboard counters, there’s a mod that displays ‘squarer’ counters as though you’d just punched them out of the sheet.

8) Different unit colours combinations.

If you have any questions, just post here and I'll try to answer them.